Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very Interesting (Ocusync)

I'm so happy to still be able to use my alientech duo amplifier

Attachments

• 20210417_103740.jpg
    20210417_103740.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
To continue the discussion of Ocusync 3.0, I have disassembled the antenna holder of the DJI FPV controller.

I wanted to see how the four antennas were made.

For enthusiasts:

they are four folded double-band dipoles with different polarization (V and H). Behind they have a reflector to make them directional.
These four antennas lower the probability of having errors during transmission (the FEC works less) and consequently the latency is lowered.

As I said in a previous post, I imagine such an upgrade for the DJI AIR2s controller to make it Ocusync 3.0

I would actually make the antennas a little bigger in order not to lose efficiency since the band is already wider and power is lost.

Reactions: Korrd
Yes, I was wrong. I was reading too much into the new description of the controller on the A2S spec sheet. The controller for both the MA2 and the A2S are the same. Same model number. The controller uses O2. That's compatible with the A2S's O3 system. The RC 231 controller has always had 4 antennas. What's new is that the A2S bird now has 4.
So does that mean the SC has 4 antennas too?

The original 2021.04 v1.0 manual explicitly stated that the controller had 4 antennas and used O3, but the 2021.06 version was apparently rewritten to indicate Ocusync 2.0 in the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929