DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VERY STRANGE FRONT MOTOR ISSUE & MORE!!!

... 🤔 Have you seen this before?
Unfortunately not ... have seen motors not starting up or shut down mid flight but in those cases it's usually been clear indications in the DAT log event stream.

@BudWalker ... do you see anything suspicious, I'm wondering a bit about row 2 in the event stream shown in my earlier post?

Unfortunately not ... have seen motors not starting up or shut down mid flight but in those cases it's usually been clear indications in the DAT log event stream.

@BudWalker ... do you see anything suspicious, I'm wondering a bit about row 2 in the event stream shown in my earlier post?
Do you think replacing the ESC will fix it or the motors? 🤔

Do you think replacing the ESC will fix it or the motors? 🤔
Have discussed the various motor data with @BudWalker ... & he think's that the ESC temps looks a bit odd, usually the 4 temps are the same but here the fronts are slightly higher ... could point to that the ESC might be faulty.

Not much more to go on I'm afraid ...

1635230230536.png

Have discussed the various motor data with @BudWalker ... & he think's that the ESC temps looks a bit odd, usually the 4 temps are the same but here the fronts are slightly higher ... could point to that the ESC might be faulty.

Not much more to go on I'm afraid ...

View attachment 137214
Thanks, I'll replace it & post the results here. 😉

Thanks, I'll replace it & post the results here. 😉
Well, I replaced the ESC, now I have a No.1 ESC Motor Error. I've tested Continuity from the board to the Right Front (Motor 1?) on all 3 wires (black, grey and white) and all 3 wires check out. All 4 motors "Twitch" on startup. All 4 motors move freely by hand and I Restored firmware to factory. Loaded "Dev Mode" and tested all motors. Motor 1 fails to turn. Error is still there...o_O

Last edited:
Ya, and frustrating. Now, do I have to replace the motor (arm) or another ESC? That was a lot of work and it wasn't cheap! 🥴
That's always the problem with these complicated devices, swap and test is often the only means of finding the faulty component. (I have the same 'problem' with a Mavic Mini that has a wonky gimbal, an obvious problem was a torn ribbon cable but a replacement cable didn't fix it etc.etc.)
In the long run it might be cheaper to buy another MPP or send yours in to a trustworthy repairer who is likley to have the parts on hand.

That's always the problem with these complicated devices, swap and test is often the only means of finding the faulty component. (I have the same 'problem' with a Mavic Mini that has a wonky gimbal, an obvious problem was a torn ribbon cable but a replacement cable didn't fix it etc.etc.)
In the long run it might be cheaper to buy another MPP or send yours in to a trustworthy repairer who is likley to have the parts on hand.
Yup, since the drone was brought to me for repair, guess I'll have to "swap & test"!😉
I have the parts, I just hate to charge for parts that don't fix the problem. 😕
I'll try the motor (leg) replacement first and hope for the best! 😁

I just hate to charge for parts that don't fix the problem
Then don't. Return them to stock and use them later as needed elsewhere.
Charging for your time is fair but charging for bits that do not fix the problem seems questionable to me unless this approach was agreed to in advance by your customer.
Do you return the removed, presumably functional, bits to the customer?

If the part stays in the drone, I charge the customer, if not, I don't. In this case, I replaced the ESC, which fixed one motor, but not both. So, I just replaced the other motor (arm), which fixed it. So I will charge for both parts and my labor. If the ESC hadn't fixed one of the motors, I would have to remove it and reinstall the original ESC, which I would have to bill my labor for. Luckily, that didn't happen. 😉

helo guys i got mavic 2 with crash history ,demaged front left leg ,but i got error no3 esc , on dji asistan 2 debug mode only righit side 2 engines do start up till left side is dead .
i asum there is somthing dead on esc becouse i have spere mavic to test engines.
googling mavic 2 esc REPAIR gives mostly videos where peopole repleace esc , i dont agrre that its ok .
if u say u repairing thats not seame like replecing meakes me mad bcs its not seame anyyone any idea what culd go wrong on esc panel

helo guys i got mavic 2 with crash history ,demaged front left leg ,but i got error no3 esc , on dji asistan 2 debug mode only righit side 2 engines do start up till left side is dead .
i asum there is somthing dead on esc becouse i have spere mavic to test engines.
googling mavic 2 esc REPAIR gives mostly videos where peopole repleace esc , i dont agrre that its ok .
if u say u repairing thats not seame like replecing meakes me mad bcs its not seame anyyone any idea what culd go wrong on esc panel
So Motor 3 is left rear, does that motor move smoothly when you turn it with your hand? If not, you could have dirt, debris or broken prop parts in the motors.
Are all the wires connected to the ESC? The only way to verify is to replace the m3 arm and see if the error goes away. If not, then the ESC was damaged in the crash and must be replaced.

Reactions: Nimra
So Motor 3 is left rear, does that motor move smoothly when you turn it with your hand? If not, you could have dirt, debris or broken prop parts in the motors.
Are all the wires connected to the ESC? The only way to verify is to replace the m3 arm and see if the error goes away. If not, then the ESC was damaged in the crash and must be replaced.
i did tested thet engine and all fine , i even did tested spere engine fir the seame side and did not fix anything.
interesting thing is that full left side so bout engines dont spin meakes me wonder what culd go wron. i have esc out now and i have also one spere that have conector problem and i going to try with multimeter to se are they any difrences betwen two .
im afraid that i will buy new one esc but this one might have somthing werry simple to repair

i did tested thet engine and all fine , i even did tested spere engine fir the seame side and did not fix anything.
interesting thing is that full left side so bout engines dont spin meakes me wonder what culd go wron. i have esc out now and i have also one spere that have conector problem and i going to try with multimeter to se are they any difrences betwen two .
im afraid that i will buy new one esc but this one might have somthing werry simple to repair
I'd replace the motor/arm first (cheaper & more likely to be the issue) but it's your decision... 🤔

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje