DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

VERY STRANGE FRONT MOTOR ISSUE & MORE!!!

Wanbli

Reactions
I just received a Pro Platinum for repair that has a couple of very strange problems; o_O
1. The Front motors don't spin, but the rear ones do. They twitch on startup as they should, but will not spin when you take off, at all! They move freely by hand, no catching or freezing. There is No ESC Error, or any error for that matter. The app is clear of any errors. The solder connections are all factory and appear connected properly (or they wouldn't twitch on startup). See attached picture.
2. Upon connecting to the Assistant 2, I noticed that the "Current Version" is V00.00.0000 (see attached screenshot). The app doesn't provide any upgrade notification either? Is it possible that this drone has been "hacked"? :oops:
I was just going to upgrade it to the latest version, but I thought I'd do this post first to see if anyone has seen these issues before. I goggled this multiple times with No results..:confused:

Any HELP would be deeply appreciated!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20211015_170228194.jpg
    IMG_20211015_170228194.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20211015_170327039_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211015_170327039_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
Have you looked at the logs from an attached 'phone', DAT and if present .txt, to see if there is anything in there that might give a clue?

Thanks for the quick response! No, I haven't, but I will check it today!

So everything I could find was in Chinese and even Google couldn't translate it. So I just upgraded the firmware, re-calibrated everything and the front motors still twitch, but won't spin.:confused: I do now get a Motor Spin message, but no error messages...🤔

So, if anyone has any idea about this, I'd appreciate any help I can get! 🙏

did the version number change with the update?
Have you tried replacing the motors? If you get the same behavior, then the problem narrows down to the esc controller board.

Yes, it now shows the version number correctly and it requested to update the controller too. 😁
Because both front motors twitch on startup, I don't think it is a hardware problem, but I could be wrong... 🤔
Obviously, I'd prefer Not to replace the ESC board unless I'm sure it is the problem. Especially since I still don't get any ESC Errors. 🤔

Reactions: BossBob
Did you get the logs?
There was no sdcard in the drone. I tried to get Blackbox data thru Assistant 2, but nothing there. I did check the iPad mini I used on the controller, but nothing there either.

If you do a search of this forum for "retrieve logs " you should find instructions on how to retrieve the logs from your phone.i doubt you will have relevant .txt flight logs but you should have DATs

Thanks for the help on getting the logs! This is a log from the AC that was the last log date before I received it. Gibberish to me, but maybe you can understand it?🤔

Attachments

• FLY015.log.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I am on a phone at the moment so can't look at the log but at a guess you are looking for a file with the name 2021-09-29_23-56-23_FLY015.DAT or similar after allowing for variations in date and time

Here's the entire DAT file. Has today's date , but was pulled from 1/1/21 aircraft flight log. The file I initially added was the txt version.;)

Last edited:
Perhaps some of the gurus will browse these, the other two DATS (fly015 & fly025) are much larger and will take a long time to upload

Attachments

• FLY027.DAT
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
Here's the txt & CSV conversions, PLEASE HELP!! CSV file is here: FLY027.csv

Attachments

• FLY027.recDefs.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 0
  • FLY027.log.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 1
Unfortunately nothing in any of the craft DAT logs that you've shared reveal the cause to why the front motors doesn't start.

Looked into DAT015, where you had 5 attempts to start ... you started the motors with a CSC command but only the rear motors show any RPM's.

Here the first attempt ... the green background color is the "stick assisted take off".

1635018895182.png

All 4 motors gets commanded by the flight controller ...

1635019475412.png

... during the time period shown in the chart above this was shown in the DAT log event stream ... Nothing obvious is shown that relates to either the motors or ESC's.

dateventstream.jpg

Wow, thanks for taking the time to look at this! 😁
So isn't it weird that this is happening, yet no indication of it in an error or in the logs? 🤔 Have you seen this before?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan