DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

etron22

Reactions
Accidentally hit a small end branch of a tree about 30 feet high, the mini 2 fell to the ground, blades spinning, small branch stuck on the right rear arm when I picked it up. The right rear arm motor felt very hot and smelled. One of the blades broke off. After letting things cool down, all 4 motors all seem to work/blades spin, but when taking off it leans to the back right corner and flips over. Is this just a burnt out motor that I need to replace that arm/motor? Any way to pull data from the device to confirm its a motor issue? Any thoughts? I did have to tighten some screws back on that arm and on the black circle inside. See video for how it tries to take off now. Would appreciate any help! I feel like I just need to buy a new right rear arm/motor and replace it.

Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry, that I'm not going to have any answers very quick.

Others will help faster than I.

It really makes me sad, when it is a new member and they make the first post with a crash.

Been there a few times. :rolleyes:

Rod ..

Do you know of any friends or someone that flies RC planes if so you can borrow their prop Tachometer if you see a difference in prop speed you will have your answer.

Reactions: RodPad
It appears you have the wrong blades on the right rear. Read the manual on proper location.
I am actually in disbelief...I did not even realize there was an order to the blade install. Put the correct new blades on the right rear and problem is fixed!! Whew!! I can't thank you enough! Consider case closed! Now to be more careful....

Wow, that was really quick!
These members are Thumbswayup
Ignore me :rolleyes:

Your going hang around?

If not, I will come to your house. :)
I don't look any thing my dog.👌

Rod ..

LOL Everybody has done it, Some of us won't admit it!
I haven't 😇 ...... 😂 but I did put the props on the wrong motors of an FPV. Fortunately the drone is quite sensible and as soon as it was given throttle it sensed what I had done and shut the motors down before it could even lift.

Last edited:
@etron22 did you replace BOTH blades on that motor with NEW blades from the SAME pack?
The way your drone behaves in that video I suspect you might have just replaced ONE blade ..... resulting in neutral lift from the RR motor.
Putting a pair of new, wrong blades on a motor would result in the affected motor being pushed down and, to my eyes, the video doesn't appear to show that.

With regards to a hot motor etc. whilst I think that is not a good thing I think the greater risk to the drone is that the current, if sustained, would cook the 'chip' that controls the motor's speed. These 'chips' are knowns as ESC's but I suspect DJI have improved their protection since the days of the Phantom 3 and the drone shuts the motor/ESC down before the ESC is fried.

Some of us cant read
:):D
Good one!
To be honest my dad and my wife are readers, I'm not, I have troubles with any printed type manual, I drift off.

Short version, I have written computer programs in the 90's, I can't spell, and haven't learned to type with more than four fingers.

We or I are trying read a generic Manuel that obviously has been converted from a different language.

I ask my wife to help me out, she gets lost on all of these terms.

Thanks Man
Its a different world for some of us like me.:rolleyes::)👌

Rod ..

Hi RodPad
i Dont think spelling means a lot ,i once saw a Article where every word was spelt wrong
had letters missing,yet when you looked at it made sense ,
Ireally hate reading anything from manuals converted from other language,

I still type with one finger

keith

Give me a call@ ************<-!!
This forum and the people that run this site do their best to keep nefarious scammers and others from access to their members- BUT posting a personal number on an open forum is like asking to be inundated with spam calls-Just sayin. A - P.M. might work much better for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne