DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very unimpressed with my faulty mavic pro

Timmyg

Reactions
So half a lipo worth of flight and my mavic was broken. Just a quick background over 9 years i have built many multirotors and fly fpv alot im no noob to quads. I had my 1st fly today, amazing, so solid and the video feed was amazing compared to my 5.8ghz systems. However!! Got home went to take sd card out so unfolded rear nearside arm and i heard a click, and the arm popped out. Still attached but hung loose like a mans arm that had popped out of its socket.. i gently but firmly tried to press it back in with no luck. When i spend over 1000 pounds on a multirotor i dont expect this. For that reason i took it stright back to the shop i bought it from, and have asked them to send it to there people and give me a full refund. I am gutted as i can see this is an amazing piece of kit but! Once bitten twice shy.. no more dji for me..

Sorry to hear about your experience. Lucky nobody was hurt and it landed safely.

I have bought sold and repaired over 150 mavs and I have over 200 flights on my mav and never had that happen to a single one, except after a crash.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Lucky nobody was hurt and it landed safely.

I have bought sold and repaired over 150 mavs and I have over 200 flights on my mav and never had that happen to a single one, except after a crash.
I might ad, as people seem to just think i crashed and am to proud to admit it, i wanted to post this on here to see if any1 else has had the same problem and also to express how unimpressed i am with my mavic expirence

So half a lipo worth of flight and my mavic was broken. Just a quick background over 9 years i have built many multirotors and fly fpv alot im no noob to quads. I had my 1st fly today, amazing, so solid and the video feed was amazing compared to my 5.8ghz systems. However!! Got home went to take sd card out so unfolded rear nearside arm and i heard a click, and the arm popped out. Still attached but hung loose like a mans arm that had popped out of its socket.. i gently but firmly tried to press it back in with no luck. When i spend over 1000 pounds on a multirotor i dont expect this. For that reason i took it stright back to the shop i bought it from, and have asked them to send it to there people and give me a full refund. I am gutted as i can see this is an amazing piece of kit but! Once bitten twice shy.. no more dji for me..
WOW sorry to hear that - I would be gutted also. I wouldn't give up though because in my humble opinion the Mavic is the best bird i've flown.

Reactions: Timmyg
WOW sorry to hear that - I would be gutted also. I wouldn't give up though because in my humble opinion the Mavic is the best bird i've flown.
Thanks im sure this is not a common prob as i couldnt find anything on google about it... just my bad luck :-(

Lol yeh well if i crashed it i wouldnt be moaning on this forum about it... trust me i have 100s of hours flying multirotors, i can fly a dji with 9 sat locks without crashing no problem :p

Glad to see you didn't take the bait, ignore the the knobs ;)

I believe i read someone else had the same issue.

Take pictures and post them up here if you havent sent it back yet.
I have taken it back to the shop now. (Maplins) when it happened i noticed a black sleeve that could be rotated with my finger nail. Also i could see alot of greese on the arm where it had come away from the body

Lol yeh well if i crashed it i wouldnt be moaning on this forum about it... trust me i have 100s of hours flying multirotors, i can fly a dji with 9 sat locks without crashing no problem :p
Just bad luck then, man. Every product made on the the planet earth has failure rates. No one is keeping track of the stats, but that is a VERY odd one. What a total bummer for you. DJI will read the logs and know you didn't crash it . . . I'd get a replacement if I were you. It's a very cool device.

Glad to see you didn't take the bait, ignore the the knobs ;)

I believe i read someone else had the same issue.
The only others I have seen are crash related. He just got unlucky. Won the reverse lottery. He should get a replacement and give it another go. Even Porsche and Ferrari have problems . . . although I don't think their wheels fall off. Haha.

Maybe just a freak manufacturing flaw? That joint is one of the most robust parts of the Mavic. It's actually reinforced with a metal encapsulated spring that runs through the whole joint. Do you see any broken plastic on either part?

Maybe just a freak manufacturing flaw? That joint is one of the most robust parts of the Mavic. It's actually reinforced with a metal encapsulated spring that runs through the whole joint. Do you see any broken plastic on either part?
We really need photos or continuing to discuss is really a dead end.

No all i could see was the black plastic sleeve and the greesed part of the arm that normaly is tucked inside the body...

Reactions: Humanparody
aboration... not a single problem with mine.

No all i could see was the black plastic sleeve and the greesed part of the arm that normaly is tucked inside the body...
Agreed i wish i took some photos now, but i was just so fustrated , i had a half day off work and was very much looking fowars to getting to know my mavic. If it was one of my racing quads i would of got the glue and solder out but i knew it would take some time before refund or replacment was possible so rushed it stright up

Agreed i wish i took some photos now, but i was just so fustrated , i had a half day off work and was very much looking fowars to getting to know my mavic. If it was one of my racing quads i would of got the glue and solder out but i knew it would take some time before refund or replacment was possible so rushed it stright up
I know, the assembly line worker sneezed and responded to a text and took a selfie and had to go to the bathroom REALLY badly just as that arm was being set and they failed to notice they got it wrong. And THEN, the QC person was having a bad day, watched Donald Trump once again bash Chinese imports and thought, "I'm just gonna let this one slip by". Yeah. THAT'S what happened! :eek:)

Get another one. I'm still amazed with how awesome the Mavic is each time I take it out. The only other drone out there that I'd be interested in owning costs $120k. (Although as a no travel needed option, the 4 is still great.)

Reactions: beldog41
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03