DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very Weird Data Problem -- Fly App

Chaosrider

Reactions
I regularly back up data from many sources. I'm a bit of a data pack-rat.

One dataset that I regularly back up is my cell phone. Nothing elaborate, no synchronization, just a straight folder copy from the phone to the computer. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, and the computer is a new Windows 10 machine. SW is always up to date on both.

I periodically watch what the copy process is doing. A few days ago, the copy process failed more than once, so I watched in more detail.

It seemed that the copy process was copying the same DJI logs over and over again, and getting hung up, and then failing. These logs were in the folder "DJI.Go.V5".

And it got weirder. There were two distinct instances of the DJI.Go.V5 folder, one inside the "Android" folder, and the other inside the "DJI" folder. Both showed the file copy circularity during the back-up process.

I was able to brute force the back-up to complete successfully, but something's not right about this. It seems like DJI Fly is trying to eat my phone from the inside!

This problem occurred on 22-04-14. My previous back-up of the phone was on 22-03-27, and it completed successfully without any of this weirdness.

So, I have two questions:

1) What caused this?
2) How do I fix it?

DJI Fly performs flawlessly in operation. But this data problem is very weird.

Thanks for any ideas that you can provide!

MM

Have you tried switching it off and on again!?

I know nothing about the App really, but here is a more serious reply than the one above.
Uninstall the app and reinstall it.

Have you tried switching it off and on again!?

I know nothing about the App really, but here is a more serious reply than the one above.
Uninstall the app and reinstall it.
Yes, I had to do that several times to get the back-up to work at all.

I'm reluctant to do the uninstall/re-install both because it's inelegant, and because it provides no clue about the cause.

I did realized there was one change that might be significant. With my previous back-up of that phone, I'd only used if for flying my three Mini-2s. In the intervening time, I got a used Mini-1, and a new Mini-SE, and I used the same phone to fly them. There were no operational problems at all, but perhaps the addition of those two new species, caused the weird data issues.

Thx,

MM

Probably from when the app was changed from storing things from the DJI folder to the Android one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky