DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vibration on new Mavic Mini

PeteTheJack

Reactions
A friend got a new Mavic Mini today and I joined him when he was flying it. There is quite a pronounced vibration and rather than change props ETC, as it was new he should return it to the retailer tomorrow. Are there any known issues?

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
A brand new unit should not vibrate at all. I will return if i am you.

A friend got a new Mavic Mini today and I joined him when he was flying it. There is quite a pronounced vibration and rather than change props ETC, as it was new he should return it to the retailer tomorrow. Are there any known issues?

When you say vibration you mean aircraft or gimbal/video? IS there a strange sound?
Good lord, change the props..I mean how long does that take? I would still return it as your out props, but still??? A bit of trouble shooting isn't going to hurt anything your going to just return :)

@PeteTheJack it should not vibrate at a level that is noticable, i would just return it for a replacement ,if you do change the props then it is not as received, and it could give the store an excuse not to replace it under their terms and conditions

@PeteTheJack it should not vibrate at a level that is noticable, i would just return it for a replacement ,if you do change the props then it is not as received, and it could give the store an excuse not to replace it under their terms and conditions
I posted my pal a link to this thread and encouraged him to read it and join. He's agreed it's best to return it and change it for another one.

Personally I would be inclined to do a bit of checking before going to the hassle of returning it and being without the drone until a replacement arrived.

First thing is, do the prop swing through their full range of movement, almost 360deg, under solely the influence of gravity? If not check any none free swinging blades for dirty or production debris in their pivots

Indoors, with the drone hovering, touch the underside of each motor mount with a finger tip to see if the vibration is associated with any particular motor?

Take the blades off all the motors, don't mix them up, and run the motors (not at or near full throttle) and touch the underside of each motor mount with a finger tip to see if the vibration is associated with any particular motor?

Reactions: PeteTheJack
Personally I would be inclined to do a bit of checking before going to the hassle of returning it and being without the drone until a replacement arrived.

First thing is, do the prop swing through their full range of movement, almost 360deg, under solely the influence of gravity? If not check any none free swinging blades for dirty or production debris in their pivots

Indoors, with the drone hovering, touch the underside of each motor mount with a finger tip to see if the vibration is associated with any particular motor?

Take the blades off all the motors, don't mix them up, and run the motors (not at or near full throttle) and touch the underside of each motor mount with a finger tip to see if the vibration is associated with any particular motor?
Thanks for your suggestions. If he'd bought this of an online retailer I'd be inclined to tell him the same as you are, but he got it from a local branch of a national retailer. They are obliged to offer a replacement or refund and it is the buyer's choice which to choose. He has messaged me and decided to ask for a replacement, and if they have no stock he will chose a refund and make his purchase elsewhere. There are about four outlets within fifteen minutes of his house where he could get a replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
The problem could be a simple as one of the propeller screws needing to be tightened.
Agreed, but the retailer gave him a replacement MM earlier.

Under the circumstances, with the drone being flown for the first time by a newbie, both myself and another long time drone flyer thought it better to take it back. Too late when it falls out of the sky for no apparent reason. It only took him twenty minutes to get a swap. But thanks anyhow.

Has the new bird got to fly yet ??

It's not mine. My pal has not flown the new one yet due to work commitments and poor flying conditions. If all goes well we should have an answer tomorrow evening UK time. A comparison with another MM on Monday evening, they were hovering side by side, clearly showed a problem with my pals quad. He has signed up for the forum and is following the thread but has not been able to post so far. Hopefully he'll be able to give us an answer tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maller0374