DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video cache ..?

kakao

Reactions
Just updated with 4.1.200, iOS also updated to 11.2.2, settings as below, but can't get video cache on my iPad.

Opinions please ..

k3REYD0.png

Don't understand the photo shows you have enabled caching to the local device ?

Just hit the play button on the DJI flight screen under camera settings and it will come up. in android you have the choice to download it from the AC or play it from the cache, can't remember what it is with IOS

I thought if 'Cache During Video Shooting' is on, the recorded video (apart from being recorded on the Mavic's micro SD card) should also be 'duplicated' (cached) to my iPad?!?

Am I right on this, thanks guys.

I thought if 'Cache During Video Shooting' is on, the recorded video (apart from being recorded on the Mavic's micro SD card) should also be 'duplicated' (cached) to my iPad?!?

Am I right on this, thanks guys.

Yes it is duplicated, in a lower quality on the IPAD, the cache is a copy of the transmitted image from the RC which is only 1080p at 30fps. It's used to "confirm" the video shot rather than something that can be presented, the original file on the SD card in the AC will always be the best quality

Yes it is duplicated, in a lower quality on the IPAD, the cache is a copy of the transmitted image from the RC which is only 1080p at 30fps. It's used to "confirm" the video shot rather than something that can be presented, the original file on the SD card in the AC will always be the best quality

Thanks, now the question is - why there is no cached copy of the video in my iPad?

Something to do with settings or something else ..?!

Cheers

It won't show up in your camera roll, it's only accessible in the DJI app under "Album" and "Videos".. from there you can export a clip to the device if you want to keep it.

It won't show up in your camera roll, it's only accessible in the DJI app under "Album" and "Videos".. from there you can export a clip to the device if you want to keep it.

Thank you kindly, this is exactly what I needed, cheers ..

Where would one find that? Running DJI go4 app I’m not seeing it.

Thanks

Android protocol is probably no use but just in case, they're stashed in Videos in a folder called DJI_Record.

That's assuming you set your cache large enough...?

Android protocol is probably no use but just in case, they're stashed in Videos in a folder called DJI_Record.

That's assuming you set your cache large enough...?
Would that be in the app
Then Me
Then flight records?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
universalsr02