DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video cached, but no real time image

Curtis

Reactions
I received a new Mavic Pro Platinum yesterday and it's great, except there is no real time image transmission. I'm starting a new thread about a much discussed issue because I notice that I can play back videos that have been cached on my phone, but the image isn't displayed in real time. Not sure how the video got on my phone if there's no image transmission. I've tried removing the SD card and reinserting it, formatting the SD card, two different USB cables from the controller's center USB port as well as the side port. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Go 4 software and upgraded the controller and Mavic firmware. I've rebooted my phone a couple of times and shut-down and restarted the controller and Mavic numerous times. Nothing helps, all the data from the Mavic are current on my phone and the histogram shows that there is an image, but the display remains dark.

If the video is stored in my phone, is there some software switch or something I'm missing that would allow the video to display in real time? And speaking of my phone, I have an old Galaxy Note II. Is it possible that a newer phone would resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Curtis

Last edited:
[QUOTE="I have an old Galaxy Note II. Is it possible that a newer phone would resolve the issue?
Thanks,
Curtis[/QUOTE]
Howdy from Wyoming Curtis, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Your phone may be the issue, I am not sure what else to check, do you have a tablet or phone you could borrow to verify?

... And speaking of my phone, I have an old Galaxy Note II. Is it possible that a newer phone would resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Curtis
Hi Curtis. Welcome to the forum!

Make sure the phone is in Airplane mode and no other apps are running. This helps if your device is under-powered.

If you have a really good friend that will let you, load Go 4 on their phone or tablet and see if the problem goes away.

Thank you for your replies. I resolved my image transmission issue with the purchase of a Galaxy S8 on Black Friday. I now have live view in 2960x1440.

My poor Note II has done yeoman's work these many years, but the battery life was miserable, the phone had become quirky and the screen was cracked. With all that, it took the Mavic controller to finally inspire me to upgrade.

So, new drone + new phone = happy camper
Curtis

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143