DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Color Mode Settings

I would love to know this as well. It would be great to be able to examine a clip from the Mavic and be able to see what color mode, as well as which video settings (contrast, sharpness, saturation), and exposure settings were used when it was recorded. Basically the equivalent of EXIF data in image files, but for video.

I've tried looking at file properties -> details in Windows and it's not in there. Maybe there's a way to access this metadata from inside an editing suite? I haven't found it though.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to do this. It seems as though there's no metadata written into the video files.

I've been trying to figure this out as well. I have an Inspire 2 and it saves the color mode name that can be seen in the 'Log Note' parameter in Premier's Bin.

DE=D-Cinelike, Mode=A, DSW=0001
DE=D-Log, Mode=S, DSW=0001
DE=TrueColor, Mode=S, DSW=0001
DE=D-Cinelike, Mode=S, DSW=0001 (I haven't figured out what 'Mode=A' and 'Mode=S' are as I don't recall doing anything different.)
DE=Phantom, Mode=S, DSW=0001 (I don't know what this one is for sure)

Even with the few things I can't decipher yet, at least you know the base color mode.

In the Mavic, the same 'Log Note' parameter simply says, '0.9.143' for everything. So there is no distinguishing factor. It would have at least been nice if the number changed so you could use a cheat sheet and determine the color mode. In reality, it's not much of an issue with everything besides Cinelike and DLog. I'd just like to know which is which. At worst, if you could see the ISO and see 500 you'd suspect that it's DLog.

Maybe a future update will give us that info.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming