Join Us Now

Video Critiques Instructions

clackey

Founder
Staff Member
Reactions
Site
dronepilots.media
Looking for constructive feedback on your video? You've come to the right place!

To make the most of your participation in this category, we suggest the following when posting your video.
  • Be prepared to accept all comments, both positive and negative, in an objective fashion. Remember, it’s the video being critiqued, not the person.
  • If there is any specific feedback you are looking for be sure to ask for it in your post.
  • Critiques may focus on shooting techniques and video editing.
Some suggestions when posting comments on video.
  • State what you like about the video and why.
  • Comment on what you think can be improved regarding shooting techniques, lighting, etc.
  • Whenever possible, provide suggestions on how to improve the video editing if pertinent, or if it is requested.
  • Keep all comments cordial and respectful! All comments should pertain completely to the posted video.
Thanks to @RickinWaST for the suggestion.

Last edited:
I like it clackey . . . do you think the location of video is pertinent? Backstory? I know I ask these a lot.

Looking for constructive feedback on your video? You've come to the right place!

To make the most of your participation in this category, we suggest the following when posting your video.
  • Be prepared to accept all comments, both positive and negative, in an objective fashion. Remember, it’s the video being critiqued, not the person.
  • If there is any specific feedback you are looking for be sure to ask for it in your post.
  • Comment on what you think can be improved regarding shooting techniques, lighting, etc.
  • Whenever possible, provide suggestions on how to improve the video editing if pertinent, or if it is requested.
  • Keep all comments cordial and respectful! All comments should pertain completely to the posted video.
Thanks!
Maybe keep it that simple . . . it might grow and morph into 37 points of information if we are not careful.

Reactions: Gorbachev
i think it should just be a critique of the actual video, and not a critique with regards to location, or drone flying rules,which is something i have been guilty of in the past

An accent on the four point; comment about the original post only, not someone else’s comment or critique of the original post.

Is it possible to do a category on aerial photography as well? A lot of pilots (including myself) would like expert opinions from fellow experienced pilots. Plus it is a great stepping stone to making videos. Thank you for the consideration :)

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
Well I would just put them in there also like in the other section RigADingDink .
They wouldn't be removed .

Thanks!
I like it @clackey! I think it’s a great addition!

I too think adding photo critique to this section would be good as well. Maybe adding some technical suggestions for uploading pictures.

1. Upload the high quality photos downloaded from the SD card

2. If photo is edited please upload the original photo as well.

(Reasons:

The low quality cached photos are so low resolution that it is hard to grade color saturation, clarity, and sharpness especially on a computer screen.

Including the original always us to give suggestions on the edit that was done. It allows us to see if something (such as blown highlights or crushed darks) was a result of original camera settings or the editing in post.)

These would just be suggestions and not “rules.”

Just thinking out loud!

Great work thanks again

I think if the wording was just changed to add pictures
that would take care of having another section.

Good Morning sir, they haven't updated the wording, could the forum be "Video and Photo Critique" instead of "Video Critique" please? Many thanks sir :)
Hope it does and have a feeling it will. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Big thing everyone has to remember is kindness. We are all here to learn! Also, many like to post jump, we are all guilty!

Keep in mind, little Johny might have spent 7 hours doing his video or photos, and well.... Robbie thinks it’s horrid!! Robbie could tear him up, and make Johny feel like crap! This should not be tolerated. I get, your putting up things to have critiqued, but kindness must weigh over anything.

Even if the search feature works, many even say that rude as heck! Nobody would tell your Grams... “Jesus Grams... this has been covered 3,897,248,085 times, what the heck, use the search tool! What are ya blind!?”
Moral of the story.... BE POLITE, and KIND, Above all!

Giving critique is a invaluable resource, a skill in itself and skills improve over time with the right knowledge and continuous practice.

Critique with the intention to help. It is helpful to those who are seeking direction to develop their skills. As the old adage says, no one cares about how much you know until they know how much you care.

Would it be helpful to develop a guide, an outline, or critiques categories, folks could refer to? This could be a link that opens in a new window. Examples: Use of cinematic composition, rule of thirds, focus, sharpness, exposure, image or video post processing.

Giving critique is a invaluable resource, a skill in itself and skills improve over time with the right knowledge and continuous practice.

Critique with the intention to help. It is helpful to those who are seeking direction to develop their skills. As the old adage says, no one cares about how much you know until they know how much you care.

Would it be helpful to develop a guide, an outline, or critiques categories, folks could refer to? This could be a link that opens in a new window. Examples: Use of cinematic composition, rule of thirds, focus, sharpness, exposure, image or video post processing.
Yes, period! I absolutely agree with this! I would love links, or explanations, basic settings.. yes yes yes. Oh.... Please and thanks! Appreciate your time!

Well, at this time, has there been enough feedback before making it offical available? If not, what is missing?

Thanks to @RickinWaST for the suggestion.
Nice update! So should I basically re-post many of the videos I have posted before only this time for pier review?

I saw some place a basic list on camera corrections for the Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro. I’ve tried a couple, but would love those suggestions to come from here! So at least I know they can be trusted. I’ve been shooting and trying to edit on my iPhone 11 and IPad. Not bad, but I need to figure out a good editing laptop! I’ve held off on buying the Mavic mini, so I can afford to buy a laptop or a desktop.
I know laptops are not best idea, but space is a factor. Maybe we should have a computer hardware section too. Or Suggestions, with-in the photo editing page, make a top post for computer hardware specs and requirements.

if you have not got room for a seperate tower and monitor,how about an all in one combo

Reactions: Shivers
Hey Old man Mavic! Thanks! So, I’ve been looking... IMac Vs. say Dell, and others. To which still sets up a 21” screen in some spot, Semi-permanent. Now, as I sit and look around, it’s possible... but not ideal. I’ve also thought about Mac mini’s... or wait for the Mac Pro (3499.99 cough cough) which is way past what I would like to spend, looks so cool and will do everything without question!
So, the Mac mini video card is not that great... And this solution I’ve considered, it will take up a TV I have... what one I would have to figure out, no big deal. The hardware of the mini just has me questioning if it’s even worth it! You can build them up before purchase, but again now we are getting expensive again. No video card upgrade option for the mini. You buy what you get forever, can’t upgrade the units, most now days.
So, reluctantly I’ve started to look at windows based gaming laptops, thinking I can get more hardware, and deal with the Windows software.. Units from ASUS, and Msi... I hear the Acers are something to stay away from, as well Alienware. (I’m sure It was opinion, and not fact)

I could go on and on...ive slipped on the computer hardware knowledge. So, I need to figure something out before I buy that darn Mavic Mini.. I’m new to photo editing as well! So, I need help to pick a program and work with it.. Guidance I could trust, that is unbiased and very smart with the hardware side, Software side, all the above is what I need, and Is what I’m seeking. I don’t want to be a bother to someone while asking questions.. But they gotta ask me questions to figure out what I need.

wow... does any of this make sense!? So who do I have to pay for that!? Cause sadly I don’t have time to re-learn all the hardware bits! Ha ha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000