DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video disappeared?

Pinpilot

Reactions
Hi there all.

I have a M2Z. Been using it a few hours now without issue. Manual video no problem. Saves to card and is easily transferred to me pc.

My problem is when I use the flight modes like action track I’m not getting video at the end? I am thinking I must be doing something wrong to end the flight? I think this because when I used asteroid and boomerang I ended the flight before it’d fully finished and no vids on these. However with action track there’s no natural end? How do I do actiontrack and save the video to the card?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: markevans
Hi there all.

I have a M2Z. Been using it a few hours now without issue. Manual video no problem. Saves to card and is easily transferred to me pc.

My problem is when I use the flight modes like action track I’m not getting video at the end? I am thinking I must be doing something wrong to end the flight? I think this because when I used asteroid and boomerang I ended the flight before it’d fully finished and no vids on these. However with action track there’s no natural end? How do I do actiontrack and save the video to the card?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you aren’t getting that video at the end? When you look at a cache video file from an intelligent flight mode the app has applied editing sometimes to speed it up and make the effect. However when you download the video from the SD card the same file will be unedited and so usually has a different length from the video that was saved to my device.

Before I realized this I used to go through the videos that were cached to my phone and decide which ones I should download from the SD to my computer. I usually identified them by their length. But couldn’t seem to figure out why there wasn’t the 45 sec “drone” video that was on my phone in the SD card. Well turns out that “dronie flight actually took 1:30 to fly and the app had sped it up automatically. It looks like the other video from that day so I thought it was just a manual video.

I’ll check but I have looked on my phone/DJI app and the card through a cable to my pc. All manual shot video are there but no automatic ones unless they did full flight till they returned.

Reactions: brett8883
Active track isn't a quickshot, you have to start/stop recording yourself.

The quickshots indeed need to run to completion to get something out.

Reactions: devisger
I’ll test again using the rhs of screen stop start button only. I am pretty sure I’ve already done this though plus I’ve also tried the X to end on the lhs of the screen.

I’ll run some shirt dedicated tests to see where I have gone wrong.

X on the left is about the stopping the active track flight mode, not the recording. The camera button is the right one.

So if I ended it with the left screen button it’ll have stopped everything including the video saving? I obviously need to deal with active track first and last and operate the camera specifically between active track. [emoji1531]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear