DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video editing with DJI FLY in a Windows PC?

Hi! Is it possible to video editing with DJI FLY in a Windows PC? If not any other suggestion how to for free?
I do not understand very well your question.
You mean a video edited with Fly app? on a windows PC? Fly App only runs on IOS/Android
Unless you use an emulator in windows is not possible to run fly app and for edit a video Fly app is not the correct software.

No, using the Fly app editor on a computer isn't possible & even if it is in some way with various emulators, you're better spending that time learning a real editor with much more possibilities.

I recommend that you try the free version of Davinci Resolve ... it's free forever & only lacks some functionality compared to the paid "Studio" version.

Go here & download it --> DaVinci Resolve 18 | Blackmagic Design
scroll down on the page and here you have the download ...
1653858156065.png

On the next screen you go with either of these 2 ...
1653858251527.png

When they want your name, address, email & such ... you can just fake, once all is filled in you can download.

This editor have it all & can be somewhat overwhelming to begin with... but take it in smaller steps, YouTube is littered with tutorials which going through cutting, joining clips ... color grading, adding music & on and on. If you have an idea about what you want to do with your video ... just search YouTube for a tutorial.

Last edited:
Windows 10 actually has a video editor built into the Photos app (on the top menu bar). It's less sophisticated than those suggested but somewhat better than DJI Fly.

The editor in the fly app is pretty basic. It’s meant to do quick edits right in the device you did your flight in and possibly post from there. It has some nice features to quickly get somewhat complex results. Here’s a decent video on Simple Editing

Simple Editing using the DJI Fly App

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I think it is useless while there are far much better softwares in Windows regarding. Give your time to learn these basic video editing softwares which force you to make much professional works in future. For a free alternative try Kdenlive and Lighworks.. But if you still want Dji Fly to work on Windows, then try Android or IOS emulators on Windows to run it.

Yes. It doesn’t compete with the rich features of a full video editor. But, for those wanting to post directly to social media from the RC and would like to do some quick trimming or editing. I think it has its uses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin