DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Encoding Compatibility

rob1601

Reactions
Hi all,

I have a Mavic Air 2 and have been struggling to obtain playable footage on a smart TV. I have a LG LED HDR (2018) and a LG OLED HDR (2017) TV. Both seem to go to play the file, play the first few frames and then I receive an unplayable message. The TVs generally play various formats well so what is the air 2 doing to the footage?

I’ve experimented with MP4 H.265, H.264, HDR, Not HDR to no avail. It plays fine on my MBP. I just can’t seem to get it on the big screen.

I upload the video to my NAS but I have no luck playing it. Has anyone experienced this and has found a workaround in terms of configuration.

I could probably encode the video post filming but I’d rather be able to just pull it off and see it.

Many thanks in advance,
Rob

Not a bad idea, thank you. I think I just resided my self to the fact it was the encoding.

the max bit rate of my tv is 60mbps for video but the Air 2 is higher. Wondering if this could also be it?
I’ll try the memory stick though, thanks.

Reactions: srnolten
I mainly upload the clips to YouTube privately and just stream from there. Works pretty well on my TV. (of course you need a decent internet connection otherwise you'll be waiting forever for the files to upload)

The bonus is that I can easily share the resulting link with friends.

I find the files are very cpu heavy ,4K 60fps wont play on my intel i5 dell laptop they will play on my desktop intel i7 .i stream all my files onto my 55inch sony hdr /dolby vison tv via plex or kodi ,kodi plays the best .but they are very big hard to play h265 files.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise