DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Feed Choppy Flying over Water

maggior

Reactions
I have been flying my Mavic Air 2 with my smart controller for about 6 weeks. I have never had any issues with choppy video feed until today. I was about 200 ft up and maybe 50 or 100 feet out over the water. The video feed became very choppy along with the telemetry.

It was pretty windy so the water was choppy. Could the video feed have been too high of a bitrate because the image was "busy" (meaning not a basically static image)?

Between the stress of the wind, being over water, and being on a beach I just brought it back in not wanting to take any chances.

Here at home I sent it out 300m among trees and had no issue at all. I did clear out the history of apps based on a suggestion I had googled...perhaps that helped. Weird. I'm bummed because aside from wind it was great flying at the shore! Oh well.

Last edited:
If you have not tried already try switching the Transmission setting to SMOOTH and AUTO for a huge improvement over the water with the Smart Controller

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water.

I thought about that but in the moment didn't want to search for the setting. I will try that out next time for sure. Video on the sd card was pretty amazing...I got something to show for the flight at least.

So this is a known problem?

Thanks for chiming in!!

Last edited:
I thought about that but in the moment didn't want to search for the setting. I will try that out next time for sure. Video on the sd card was pretty amazing...I got something to show for the flight at least.

So this is a known problem?

Thanks for chiming in!!

I dont think its known problem , but I do think the Smooth / Auto Transmission with the SC is a powerful setup when i fly from inside the car.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: maggior
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121