DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video feed cuts out, is it my RC, the drone or my phone?

misurf

Reactions
I have the Mavic mini and sometimes the video feed stops/gets choppy at 300m distance in an open field. Do you think it is my phone, the RC or the drone?

Signal loss/interference between RC and controller- do you have the flats of the antenna on the controller pointed towards the RC?
What is surrounding the open field?
Nearby houses/pylons/masts...
What does it show on your display?

Reactions: THE CYBORG
For me it is the iPad Mini 4. Video gets pixellated not too far away from take off - 300m. Using my iPhone 7 = no pixellation and solid video feed. Tested in same area and same time multiple times.

I have the Mavic mini and sometimes the video feed stops/gets choppy at 300m distance in an open field. Do you think it is my phone, the RC or the drone?
Iff you "accidentally" loose sight of it you can let go of the sticks so it hovers, then open google maps and see where it is and you are. Then orient your controller antennas to face the drone's direction to see if it gets back a strong signal. If not then it could be your chosen flight environment that has lots of interference. Also make sure you close any unwanted apps on your phone and that everything is fully charged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem