DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video is in and out on phone

BeginnerK

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air and my video is spotty at best on my iPhone. I fly with my son and he always has a video. I had a iPhone 7 and had the same problem, now I have an iPhone XR and the same thing happens, the video barely shows up on my phone which is connected to the controller. I have sprint service if that does or doesn’t make a difference. I am never near and magnetic sources either. Any help would be greatly appreciated

the video barely shows up on my phone which is connected to the controller
Can you explain exactly what you see? Does the video ever work as expected?

Yes it does Work some times but goes out. I’ll have a black screen and it says
yes the video works every now and then and then the screen goes black and says lost transmission

Which port are you using on the remote controller? Try switching to the other port to rule out a faulty port as the cause.

I am having the same issue. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9 plus. I have tried the side port as well as the port at the bottom of the controller. I have put my phone on airplane mode as well... I am not sure what else to do.

Have you tried different cables? Or if you have a friend's phone that you might be able to swap out and test with? Just to see where the problem is.

Does this also happen before flight, when you are just connected to the aircraft, like in the living room? (Dont fly indoors!) you should be able to see the video feed when it is connected, without it flying.

Have you tried different cables? Or if you have a friend's phone that you might be able to swap out and test with? Just to see where the problem is.

Does this also happen before flight, when you are just connected to the aircraft, like in the living room? (Dont fly indoors!) you should be able to see the video feed when it is connected, without it flying.

When I first connect, it shows video fine. When I start flying is when it happens. I tried everything they recommended about the antennas being pointed towards the drone to allow for the best reception.

I think at this point you need to have the drone and rc inspected/tested by a DJI shop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madejow95