DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Issue

rjwadd

Reactions
Greetings all,

I'm a relatively new MA2 owner. I’m extremely interested in aerial video recording and spend most of my flight time trying to improve my video skills. (Several weeks about I posted some questions about playback issues I was having when using the H265 codec and gat a lot of great help from forum members.)

Now that I have the playback issues figured out, for the most part, I’m noticing an issue I’m having during recording. During recording, the video will be smooth and clean but every few seconds (between 5-15 seconds) the video pauses. It’s a very short duration....almost like a hiccup...but it is enough to ruin what might otherwise be the basis for a really nice cinematic shot. I’ve tried filming using H264 and H265. I’ve shot in 4K, 2,7K and FHD. I’ve tried 24fps, 30fps and higher. So far, nothing has helped solve the issue. I”m using a SD card rated for 4K video so it doesn’t seem like that should be an. Issue.
Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on a fix? Thanks much!

Are you referring to the live video feed? Or on playback from your computer? Is it possible that you still have issues in your computer's playback? Can you tell us the exact model of your SD card, and maybe a little about your computer, i.e. CPU, Graphics card, RAM

If it stutters during playback, its hard to tell if its the recording or the computer, unless you have tried to play your files elsewhere too

Theres a lot of smart, experienced people here, so eventually they can help narrow it down

Are you referring to the live video feed? Or on playback from your computer? Is it possible that you still have issues in your computer's playback? Can you tell us the exact model of your SD card, and maybe a little about your computer, i.e. CPU, Graphics card, RAM

If it stutters during playback, its hard to tell if its the recording or the computer, unless you have tried to play your files elsewhere too

Theres a lot of smart, experienced people here, so eventually they can help narrow it down
Hi,
This happens on playback. I guess I assume it's during recording because it happens on on every video software I've used to view the videos (vid transferred to my computer directly from MA2, no editing or post production.)
I'm using an Amplin 128GB A1 V30 micro SD card. I previously used a SanDisk 64GB Extreme Plus A2 V30 with the same issue. My computer is a Dell Inspiron 7577, Core I7 @ 2.81 GHz with 16GB RAM. Running Windows 10 Home. 4K Screen. Video Card is a GeForce GTX 1060. Hope that information helps! Thanks much for any help!

Computer specs seem more than good! Have you tried playback with VLC and/or MPC-HC?? They seem to work the best.

Does every recording exhibit the same kind of stutter?

Not familiar with Amplin but I use the Sandisk Extreme Plus series like you had previously used.

Be patient...someone will most likely be along to help

Reactions: rjwadd
Computer specs seem more than good! Have you tried playback with VLC and/or MPC-HC?? They seem to work the best.

Does every recording exhibit the same kind of stutter?

Not familiar with Amplin but I use the Sandisk Extreme Plus series like you had previously used.

Be patient...someone will most likely be along to help
Hi.... I'm using VLC, but I've also run the videos on WPO and ZoomPlayer with the same results. Every recording shows the same kind of stutter regardless of my video settings. I'd like to attach a sample video here.... but when I try it says MP4 is not a valid extension to upload.... Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!

Reactions: zeusfl
Hi.... I'm using VLC, but I've also run the videos on WPO and ZoomPlayer with the same results. Every recording shows the same kind of stutter regardless of my video settings. I'd like to attach a sample video here.... but when I try it says MP4 is not a valid extension to upload.... Thanks again for your help. I really appreciate it!
you have to upload video clips to YouTube and then post links here

First, I was thinking of the speed of the SD cards, but those are the correct specs.

Well....now I'm really at a loss. I uploaded a clip to YouTube to show here, but the stutter doesn't show up in the YouTube video. The raw clip on my computer continues to stutter at around the 12 and 22 second marks, but when viewed on YouTube its clean and smooth. I'm REALLY confused now. The problem shows up before post production (using PowerDirector) and after I edit on that platform. If it showed up after production, I'd figure my editing settings we're messed up, but I don't understand the problem showing up even before I've done anything to the clip. The odd thing is, I ran the clip through my 4K TV as well, and the stutter showed up there, too. I am extremely baffled and would be very grateful for any ideas you all might have about this. Here is the link to the clip...just in case anybody can see anything that seems strange to them.

As youtube will convert in a way to the best viewing codecs and resolution you have seen that the footage is fine.

for you it’s a matter of working out what the bottleneck is, doing any computing is always the weakest chain in the link.
Does powerdirector allow the use of proxies. That is using a less intensive video format to edit with but use the full video to do the final render. Maybe something worth investigating. I use proxies all the time in Premiere Pro.

As youtube will convert in a way to the best viewing codecs and resolution you have seen that the footage is fine.

for you it’s a matter of working out what the bottleneck is, doing any computing is always the weakest chain in the link.
Does powerdirector allow the use of proxies. That is using a less intensive video format to edit with but use the full video to do the final render. Maybe something worth investigating. I use proxies all the time in Premiere Pro.
Not sure about the proxies but I will look into it. Thanks much for the advice!

Not sure about the proxies but I will look into it. Thanks much for the advice!
I edit videos from the MA2 with h.264 or h.265 codecs using PowerDirector on an old i7 PC. It handles the h.265 if I enable proxy files when editing To enable see attached photo below. You can also select what resolution you want for the proxy. I normally select 1080.
1598227142971.png

When you bring in a clip to the library PD will start the proxy file creation process. A status indicator will remain yellow until it is finished.
1598227337288.png

Once he process is complete, the indicator will turn green.
1598227381909.png

I edit videos from the MA2 with h.264 or h.265 codecs using PowerDirector on an old i7 PC. It handles the h.265 if I enable proxy files when editing To enable see attached photo below. You can also select what resolution you want for the proxy. I normally select 1080.
View attachment 111387

When you bring in a clip to the library PD will start the proxy file creation process. A status indicator will remain yellow until it is finished.
View attachment 111389

Once he process is complete, the indicator will turn green.
View attachment 111390
Thanks much. I really appreciate the information. I’m giving it a try right now...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000