DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video length

Is it possible the video was split into multiple files? That will happen if the video is larger than 4 GB.

i can't work it out, i video up to ten minutes some time but it only records for 5 minutes on the micro sd card
Look at the file size rather than the time.
There is a file size limit of 4GB

You should, be able to continuously record, however the filing system on the SD card will split the recording into 4 gig 'chunks'.
You should then be able to simply join those 'chunks' together in almost any video editing suite/program?

Reactions: dtp and bluezuki
howdy
i must have some settings set wrong in my smart controller
i can't work it out, i video up to ten minutes some time but it only records for 5 minutes on the micro sd card
any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks

The replies cover the issue. There is a 4gig file size limit - no avoiding it. My real world experience the other day. I recorded three separate segments of between 7 and 8 minutes. The file system divided each of those segments into two videos. One was about 5 minutes (4 or so gigs) and the other the shorter 2 or 3 minute videos. From what I can tell, they seamlessly form the one longer video although I Have not tried merging them yet. But I quickly renamed them them.

The first:

1 xxxxxxxxx.mp4
2 xxxxxxxxy.mp4

The second:

3 xxxxxxxx.mp4
4 xxxxxxxy.mp4

etc. So I know which are paired. The other reason I did this was there is a date/timestamp bug. So the info is wrong. They were filmed around noon on March 20 but show a date/time from March 8. Hopefully, DJI will fix this bug soon.

Reactions: brett8883
Someone (you?) recommended this yesterday and I downloaded it. But I just installed it and joined two videos. Seamless results and pretty darn quick. Doing the next two now.

I can’t get it to work but I shoot in .mov would that cause it to not work?

I don't know if this is universal or not, but I've noticed that while recording, my iPad will give a quick beep when the 4 gig file size is reached and the M2 begins recording to the next file segment. (This lets me know that it's happened).

Also.. Whenever I join the files, there's always a quick 'glitch' where they join due to the fact a few frames were lost when the M2 closed one file and started on the next one. Does MP4Joiner overcome this?

I don't know if this is universal or not, but I've noticed that while recording, my iPad will give a quick beep when the 4 gig file size is reached and the M2 begins recording to the next file segment. (This lets me know that it's happened).

Also.. Whenever I join the files, there's always a quick 'glitch' where they join due to the fact a few frames were lost when the M2 closed one file and started on the next one. Does MP4Joiner overcome this?

I've not really looked for any audible notice when the switch occurs but my hearing is not the best when it comes to certain sounds.

I just looked at the six original videos, the ends of the first segment and the beginning of the second and then the joined videos. It might be my eyesight (limited like my hearg) but I really did not notice the gap/glitch, although I'm sure you are right - that there is probably some processing time between end and start of those segments - PROBABLY!??

And while I was and might still, Google the differences or benefits of MOV versus mp4 - anyone know off hand?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60