DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video: Mavic Hand catch & Sports mode braking

flumpet

Reactions
I demonstrate two ways of hand catching the Mavic. The first being the hesitant method, the 2nd being the firm and quick method. See how being hesitant causes you to not catch the Mavic due to VPS and sonar system kicking in.

Motors cut off after 3S of holding down throttle.

Next I show the braking distance of the Mavic in sports mode.

Always ensure you have sufficient space when in sports mode as the braking distance can be quite long.

Thanks all for watching and my apologies for the vertical videos. Was doing my first Mavic flight test and had no intention at all to do any videos. I had to film using my iPhone with one hand and fly the drone using the RC with the other hand. I created the video hurriedly to show my local drone group in Singapore. And I decided to share it here as well as I have not seen any videos related to it here.

Last edited:
Flumpet, in the first video it seems that the Mavics' motors rev up before shutting off when you catch it using the second method. Is this true?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Flumpet, in the first video it seems that the Mavics' motors rev up wbefore shutting off hen you catch it using the second method. Is this true?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Yeah probably I was moving it when I caught it. So it tried to level itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1