DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video not finalizing correctly

SeditThis

Reactions
I have yet to get a usable recording off my Mini2, it is getting very frustrating to send the drone up and the come to find out that the recorded videos didn't finalize correctly and are unusable. Is this a firmware issue or did I get a bad drone?

I have yet to get a usable recording off my Mini2, it is getting very frustrating to send the drone up and the come to find out that the recorded videos didn't finalize correctly and are unusable. Is this a firmware issue or did I get a bad drone?
It would be very unusual if your drone's camera is causing the problem.
Are you stopping video recording before powering down the drone?
That's the usual cause of similar complaints.

It would be very unusual if your drone's camera is causing the problem.
Are you stopping video recording before powering down the drone?
That's the usual cause of similar complaints.
Yes, stopping recording before bringing the drone in to even land. I think I have gotten 1 usable video out of the 30 or so I have tried to record.

Yes, stopping recording before bringing the drone in to even land. I think I have gotten 1 usable video out of the 30 or so I have tried to record.
So what are you getting?
Why are you saying the video isn't finalising properly?
Are your videos viewable or not viewable at all?
More information required to identify the problem.

You don't need to fly to do some test shots on your desktop.

Some videos have no data, some wont play more than 10 seconds out the the five minute length, some won't copy to my computer unless the card is in the drone while the drone is plugged in and on. It's not just one thing going on, I have been having problems with everything video recording related on the Mini 2

just try a 32g or 64g card and see if that helps

Some videos have no data, some wont play more than 10 seconds out the the five minute length, some won't copy to my computer unless the card is in the drone while the drone is plugged in and on. It's not just one thing going on, I have been having problems with everything video recording related on the Mini 2
Do a little test shooting on your desk.
Shoot a few half minute videos, carefully stopping each video, pausing and starting the next test.
Review those and see if they show the same problem.

Reactions: DJayI
I have had this a few of times, always the last video on the card.

I always take the card out of the drone and take the files off the card onto my p.c. and then see the bad video file.

My solution was to put the card in the drone, power on the drone and leave it a minute or two.

Both times the video was then useable again.

Reactions: RussOnTheRoad
I always take the card out of the drone and take the files off the card onto my p.c. and then see the bad video file.
My solution was to put the card in the drone, power on the drone and leave it a minute or two.
And the cause of that is not turning off the video before you turn off the drone.

Reactions: RMS001
Oh, I am using SanDisk Extreme 128GB microSD cards.
I had the same problem on a Mavic2p, tested the card on my pc and discovered the card was very slow. Returned card to Amazon as it was a fake. Replacement solved the problems and the read write speed was as advertised.

Reactions: Thomas B and RMS001
I had the same problem on a Mavic2p, tested the card on my pc and discovered the card was very slow. Returned card to Amazon as it was a fake. Replacement solved the problems and the read write speed was as advertised.
Tested the card, W/R speeds are correct for its rating, so is capacity.

The only time I have experienced an unplayable video was when I forgot to stop recording before powering off the drone.

That tip about putting the SD card back into the drone, powering on, waiting a couple minutes, powering off fixed a video for me too, one that wouldn't play before doing that. The same video, BTW, showed a duration of 00:00 in the Finder on my Mac while also showing a file size of hundreds of megabytes.

I still have a bunch of other videos on the SD card in my Smart Controller that won't play, but that's another story.

Reactions: JMMath
That tip about putting the SD card back into the drone, powering on, waiting a couple minutes, powering off fixed a video for me too, one that wouldn't play before doing that. The same video, BTW, showed a duration of 00:00 in the Finder on my Mac while also showing a file size of hundreds of megabytes.

I still have a bunch of other videos on the SD card in my Smart Controller that won't play, but that's another story.
EXCELLENT info. Worked for me…….??Thanks, Russ

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61