DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video of S. Shore Mass, Florida, and Bahamas

ScottyV

Reactions
My first stab at creating a video. Hope you all enjoy! If anyone has any comments, let me know. I'm open to suggestions or contstructive criticism.

Nice one!
Length. Better to break out video's into 2.5 minute clips and release individually. Youtube statistics indicate that humans now have such limited attention spans and want everything immediately thier interest will not be held beyond that period of time.
Music choice on boat video. Fast tempo used on a basic hover shot where the action does not mimic the tempo / beat of the music. Slow pacing of scenes are better "paired" with similar pacing of sound track.

Multiple angle shots of same area spliced into one video keeps interest. Plan shot lists beforehand. There are some tried and true basic shots that work in many conditions. Fly over, Fly up, Fly down, Half Circle , Full Circle , Hover , Fly up close , Fly Up far , Profile fly along, etc

Reactions: mrwagdog
Thanks for the input BD0G. I def agree on music tempo matching the scene. that faster music was originally for another couple shots that it matched better, but I removed those clips (and got lazy and didn't change music). Also the length of the video...it started out as a video to show my family when we got togeter, thus the longer video. I agree with you on the shorter video length in general. Thanks again for the feedback.

Thanks, nice job for starters!
Suggestions, as the previous poster stated, keep ever clip short, 5-10 seconds is what I try for. Total time, I try for less than 3 minutes.
My person taste, the video needs a little more contrast and brightness but otherwise you seem to have very good control of the aircraft.

Agreed. Nice controlled flight with slow camera movements. No herky jerky movements. Cinematic Mode is something you can use as well but there is a longer stopping distance.

Was unaware that this was the family demo reel. Its perfect for that style presentation although Youtube viewers would be mighty quick to click onto other content due to length. Its a balance of subject, composition, edits, and length.

I loved the video. Agree with the ‘attention span’ post.
I think you have several excellent separate videos there. Very enjoyable to watch. Keep it up

Excellent flying and framing the scenes, really, really well done.

I made it 6.5 minutes though. You have enough material there for at least 6 videos. I'd suggest splitting them and reuploading.

Thanks all for the feedback. Lots of good suggestions. Defintely took some pointers from it: esp. shortening the length of the videos, first and foremost. also using much shorter clips within the video, matching music to the tempo of the video, brightness/color, and also incorporating different flight/filming angles and motion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada