DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Video of the Clear fire, south of Fairbanks Alaska.

Awesome to see.

Reactions: sarahb
Stunning imagery and time lapses. How far from it are you? How long does it take for crews to get there to fight the fire?

Stunning imagery and time lapses. How far from it are you? How long does it take for crews to get there to fight the fire?
I don't know how many miles...15 or so very roughly. There was no fire fighting being done on the fire. This is the second fire out in that area which is a military training area for bombing, big guns and such. As such it's too dangerous to get men on the ground there and there are no structures to worry about so they are just letting it burn. We (Alaska) just lets **** burn if there is no danger to anyone, or so it seems. There are two fires in the area, one small one of 10 acres and another of about 47,000 acres and they just let them both burn. The downside is the wind has shifted and we are in a blanket of smoke with the windows closed and our air filters turned on.... Check out this map of our fires....http://smoke.alaska.edu/current_fires.html I was wrong...that wen site tells me they did do some firefighting on both fires as there were some cabins in the area so it wasn't all military stuff. I learned something :). Thanks :) My drone, fwiw was something like 300 feet from me....never even close nor any concern in terms of interfering with anybody involved. At all
:)

Reactions: Prop Wash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rapidppoint