DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video on RC scrambled when flying - impossible to correct

phildebougi

Reactions
When the Mavic is on the ground the video on the RC screen (Android device) is perfect. As soon as the drone has taken off the video becomes extremely scrambled.

I have done everything I can to correct this problem without any success :

· Multiple re-install of the Dji Go 4 application (I am presently with the 4.2.20 issue» as well as multipl re-install of the drone and its remote controller firmware (I am presently on the V01.04.400),

· Testing of 5 different USB cables

· Testing both USB ports of the remote controller

· Testing my Honor 5 smartphone as well as my Android tablette (they were both working fine in the past)

· Clearing the video cache

· Disabling the « Cache video when recording » option in the Dji GO4 settings

· Re linking the remote to the drone

· Testing the drone in different areas

The video recorded by the camera is perfect. The problem is apparently related to an interference generated by the drone when it flies since there is no trouble as long as the Mavic is switch on (on standby on the ground ).
When on the floor, the video is OK even when the Mavic is far from the remote.

Because of this misfunction the Mavic is unusable for the purpose of making videos.

According to the reports listed in this forum, this problem is apparently affecting many other Mavic users. As far as I am concerned I am now really frustrated by the unwillingness of DJI to fix it.

In case someone of the DJI staff reads this forum he should urge his colleagues to take it in due consideration.

I had the same video issue, downgraded to a previous version of DJI GO and now its working perfect.

Same here, downgraded to 4.2.14, works perfectly

Try 4.2.16 I had to downgrade app. Worked for me with this issue. I was using Samsung galaxy s7 and video was awful.

I have just downgraded to v42.12apk. Completed a 10 minutes fly with no problem of scrambled video. I am crossing my fingers hoping it will continue. As of the Arnold 's link it seems that DJI is working to solve this issue.

When the Mavic is on the ground the video on the RC screen (Android device) is perfect. As soon as the drone has taken off the video becomes extremely scrambled.

I have done everything I can to correct this problem without any success :

· Multiple re-install of the Dji Go 4 application (I am presently with the 4.2.20 issue» as well as multipl re-install of the drone and its remote controller firmware (I am presently on the V01.04.400),

· Testing of 5 different USB cables

· Testing both USB ports of the remote controller

· Testing my Honor 5 smartphone as well as my Android tablette (they were both working fine in the past)

· Clearing the video cache

· Disabling the « Cache video when recording » option in the Dji GO4 settings

· Re linking the remote to the drone

· Testing the drone in different areas

The video recorded by the camera is perfect. The problem is apparently related to an interference generated by the drone when it flies since there is no trouble as long as the Mavic is switch on (on standby on the ground ).
When on the floor, the video is OK even when the Mavic is far from the remote.

Because of this misfunction the Mavic is unusable for the purpose of making videos.

According to the reports listed in this forum, this problem is apparently affecting many other Mavic users. As far as I am concerned I am now really frustrated by the unwillingness of DJI to fix it.

In case someone of the DJI staff reads this forum he should urge his colleagues to take it in due consideration.
downgrade to .16 djigo. Problem solved. (turn off your automatic app updating or your device will re-update the app on its own)

How shall we be informed that DJI has issued a DJIGO app that corrects this issue and that we can re-update our smartphone/tablet without a risk to experience again the scrambled video problem?

DJI know! They have always known. EVERY TIME that this happens. This isnt their first dance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98