DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Resoltuion

littlemantjs

Reactions
The Mavic Air shoots in 4K which is awesome and makes some really crisp videos. I’m trying to build a more of a social media standing and profile so I want to post videos on Instagram and Facebook. In order to do so I have to record videos in 1080p. How do I change the resolution and do you have any suggestions on making sure I still get a good picture while shooting in a lower resolution? Also on the Mavic Air is there a way to change the frame rate?

Reactions: mereflyer
I'd suggest still recording in 4K and using software to drop to 1080P if necessary - this will also give you the ability to zoom, and ensures your archived footage is maximum quality. 1080P on the Air does not look very good IMO if you just set that in the drone. All other video principles with regards to settings apply in the same way regardless of resolution.

Resolution and frame rate can be changed in the App on your smartphone/tablet in the camera settings - it should be pretty obvious if you're in those menus. Max frame rate is 30P in 4K and 60P in 1080P.

I you have a recent iPad, you can't beat LumaFusion - absolutely phenomenal and easy to use. It's a fully featured video editing program, nothing like iMovie or any of those other basic ones. Lots of exporting options. It's actually my preferred software despite having a powerful video editing computer.

If you are on a PC I would suggest DaVinci Resolve - it's fully featured and free unless you need to export H265 which is not applicable to the Mavic Air.

YouTube has endless tutorials for both to help you get over the initial learning curve which can sometimes feel overwhelming - it's really not that bad.

Wow that’s awesome! I’ll look into that. In the beginning it does seem like a very daunting task. I appreciate your support and help! Thanks again!

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu