DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Saves to IPhone

DroneTrooper

Reactions
Have been flying about a month with Mavic Air and finally brave enough to do some flights over water to capture images of La Jolla Cove in San Diego. First real attempt at photography beyond practicing in my yard. I did a few Dronie auto flights and also flights while pressing video button. It seems in practice flights and at the cove all images and vids saved to the card in the drone but only random images and vids saved to my iPhone connected to the controller. Can someone explain what decides what is saved to iPhone. After all my shooting only one Dronie video was on my phone. It would have been nice to have more images without needing to get home and download the SD card.

Have been flying about a month with Mavic Air and finally brave enough to do some flights over water to capture images of La Jolla Cove in San Diego. First real attempt at photography beyond practicing in my yard. I did a few Dronie auto flights and also flights while pressing video button. It seems in practice flights and at the cove all images and vids saved to the card in the drone but only random images and vids saved to my iPhone connected to the controller. Can someone explain what decides what is saved to iPhone. After all my shooting only one Dronie video was on my phone. It would have been nice to have more images without needing to get home and download the SD card.

I have found that all with save to phone when I'm in 1080p but NOT 4k. Not enough space perhaps?

Mavic Bo

Are you sure it's actual video on the phone and not cache video? Cache video will be 720 or 1080 depending on app feed settings, regardless of recording resolution.

Even if it could stream actual video real time at 4K, would you really want the possible radio interference included? Remember, Air is Wi-Fi, not Occusync and I wouldn't even want recordings over Occusync as my master video.

That's one disappointment with the Tello. Recordings are taken on the mobilefrom the video feed. Wish it had onboard SD card recording.

Reactions: Mrmund
Not sure what it is. I could fly one day and when I’m done there are several videos in the Go4 app editor section and the. On another day there is only one video. There does not seem to be an rhyme or reason as to what gets into Go4 editor.

the setting in the Go4 app is whether or not to record cached video. I dont remember where the setting is but it is in there.
The video stored on the mobile phone is low quality, 720 or 1080 and glitchy. It is much preferred to use the video files and photos off the memory card .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs