DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video signal freezes

Had that same problem a few months ago and it was so frustrating but not any more
The problem will come back, I cleared the cache, after about 10 minutes, pixel problems come back. I rolled back firmware and the DJI go4 app would not let me take off unless I upgrade back to firmware .300. I switched to Litchi, and all my problems went away. Just FYI Litchi did not like the the MP .300 firmware either Pixeling was still a problem. DJI needs to roll out a fix for the pixel problems, why did the .200 work, but the .300 doesn't.

I have the same problem. Pictures and videos on SD card are ok, but on the telefon when I am flying,video freezing non stop

As others advised above, i cleared the cache, and the issue got resolved. my phone is iOS. The issue did not repeat since then. bear in mind that im not flying a lot.

The problem will come back, I cleared the cache, after about 10 minutes, pixel problems come back. I rolled back firmware and the DJI go4 app would not let me take off unless I upgrade back to firmware .300. I switched to Litchi, and all my problems went away. Just FYI Litchi did not like the the MP .300 firmware either Pixeling was still a problem. DJI needs to roll out a fix for the pixel problems, why did the .200 work, but the .300 doesn't.

I believe it’s how fast your phone is.. I’m now using a iPad Pro 12.9 and my go4 app hasn’t frozen or struggled since... I used to use and iPhone 6+. The other thing I think that will help even after cleaning your cache is to have a few gigs off your phone memory too.
Cheers
Daasmangi

I started getting this problem in early June and its still happening, despite one or two updates since then. Sometimes it is glitch free, but often I cannot fly the problem is so bad. I have tried using the long cable USB plug, I have tried using a different telephone (Galaxy S7 and S8), clearing out cache, nothing seems to solve it. There seems to be no consistency to the issue. Every time I think its gone it comes back.

I started getting this problem in early June and its still happening, despite one or two updates since then. Sometimes it is glitch free, but often I cannot fly the problem is so bad. I have tried using the long cable USB plug, I have tried using a different telephone (Galaxy S7 and S8), clearing out cache, nothing seems to solve it. There seems to be no consistency to the issue. Every time I think its gone it comes back.

Do you know what I think the problem is? Is your phone is not fast enough. The software is so massive that the phone struggles to keep up.. there’s not enough RAM to run the GO4 software and that’s when the problem starts.. I think every update or upgrade the software gets larger and then the phone struggle to cope. I’m now using the latest iPad Pro 12.9 and this baby is fast.. I do my photos in Lightroom and when I’m rendering a panorama my iPhone 6s+ can’t render the photo and I put that same photo onto the iPad Pro 12.9 and it fly’s thru the same photograph.. I haven’t had any freezing or glitches since I started using the IPad Pro 12.9..
Cheers
Daasmangi
Happy Hovering

Reactions: conchman
I have since changed to the fastest card I thought was sensible and didn't have any problems for a few flights after that...will know in time if that fixed it...

Do you know what I think the problem is? Is your phone is not fast enough. The software is so massive that the phone struggles to keep up.. there’s not enough RAM to run the GO4 software and that’s when the problem starts.. I think every update or upgrade the software gets larger and then the phone struggle to cope. I’m now using the latest iPad Pro 12.9 and this baby is fast.. I do my photos in Lightroom and when I’m rendering a panorama my iPhone 6s+ can’t render the photo and I put that same photo onto the iPad Pro 12.9 and it fly’s thru the same photograph.. I haven’t had any freezing or glitches since I started using the IPad Pro 12.9..
Cheers
Daasmangi
Happy Hovering

You are probably correct, I have since bought a S9+ that has extra RAM memory and the video freeze problem has disappeared.

Reactions: daasmangi
You are probably correct, I have since bought a S9+ that has extra RAM memory and the video freeze problem has disappeared.

Awesome! Because every upgrade it just the software gets bigger and bigger until our poor phones can’t handle it..

Reactions: conchman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078