DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

video / snapshots

1422bas

Reactions
Hello
I have been in contact with DJI tech asking if they could add a stamped live time / date / month / year on video /snapshots to there firmware for mavic air etc.
They could have a switch in the app to either switch on or off if need be.
I use the android app and would be grateful if they would consider updating the firmware to suit.
Has anybody else thought of this addition?

Brian

Don't you already have access to all that info, just right click on the mp4 & for photos the exif info accessible also by right click or in any viewer ... or do I misunderstand you?

Hi
You are misunderstanding me I would like DJI to show printed timeline on the video clips pictures and snapshots pictures like cctv with the option of switching on or off.

So like forever imprinted on the pics & vids ... like old days photos, ouch no that would not be my cup of tea, if you later on want to take it away you can't.
But fair enough ... one can deactivate it according your proposal ...

So like forever imprinted on the pics & vids ... like old days photos, ouch no that would not be my cup of tea, if you later on want to take it away you can't.
But fair enough ... one can deactivate it according your proposal ...

YES sometimes I need proof when clips taken and the only details you can see is if you look at the properties of the files video/ snapshots.

I am trying to push it for DJI to add to firmware and android app asked a few times now.

Brian

I think it is a good idea, it would be a useful feature, I take vids and pics for construction jobs and by today I need to add date afterwards by editing.

There is a setting in which this information is generated and safed as an ectra ".SRT" file. Using a VLC-Player for instance, this information is shown in the video. From there, you could (if needed) simply export it in a new MP4.

EDIT:
I just checked: The timestamp IS available in the MP4, at least, when I edit with FinalCut, but I assume, that it is possible to make it visible in other editing software too. Just a quick pic from an earlier video to show it:

Attachments

• Train-Timecode.jpg
    Train-Timecode.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I agree with you "1422bas"
Another thing I'd like DJI to do is to have the ability to take a photo at the same time that your shooting a Video.
Nearly every digital camera allows you to do this.
Thanks for replying back Leeroy the boy and Olav
My request to DJI about adding this to firmware should not be that complicated to them to do. It just takes a number of owners to put this forward and maybe it may happen.

Thanks

Brian

I think it is a good idea, it would be a useful feature, I take vids and pics for construction jobs and by today I need to add date afterwards by editing.
Thanks for replying
Don't you already have access to all that info, just right click on the mp4 & for photos the exif info accessible also by right click or in any viewer ... or do I misunderstand you?
Thanks for replying

The information is available for those who want it and can be visualized during the processing. Having it standard visual in the footage would cause more problems while editing.

The information is available for those who want it and can be visualized during the processing. Having it standard visual in the footage would cause more problems while editing.
I see it would cause problems editing but I would not want to use it for that.And as I said it could be switched either off or on. It would definately be useful for the snapshots my need for exact time and showing when asked for proof..

I really don't see the problem. The information IS available, so when ever requiered can be provided.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erpator