DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video stops after a few seconds?

23tony

Reactions
When I try to record video, it just stops recording after 10-15 seconds. At first I thought it was a hard limit but the length was different every time. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

I'm trying to get a video flying the length of my private road. So far I can only get a tiny bit of it.

I have had this same issue as well. Here's what I think it is, at least for me...

...When you start to record, the record button appears close to the thumb muscle of your right hand as you fly. You might have hot hands. The hot hands might tend to react to the touch pad of your phone, and shut off the record button. I have found, after adjusting the thumb muscle of my hand away from the phone, that I don't have this problem. It's something to look at, anyway.

I do agree, though, that a lower end SD card can jam you up as well. I tried a 4 gig card once. It was a few generations old. It kept cutting out.

Try lowering you settings to the lowest possible and see if you get more than a few seconds. As [B]CarstenB[/B] said maybe it's an issue with your SD card and the write/buffer speeds. If lower res videos work you probably want a better/faster video card. I use a UHS class 1(U1) video card on my mini with highest settings without any issues, but a Class 3 on my MA2. Speed is a huge factor and even though companies will say they are made for or do something it doesn't always equate to the math.

Reactions: sdklug357
Try lowering you settings to the lowest possible and see if you get more than a few seconds. As [B]CarstenB[/B] said maybe it's an issue with your SD card and the write/buffer speeds. If lower res videos work you probably want a better/faster video card. I use a UHS class 1(U1) video card on my mini with highest settings without any issues, but a Class 3 on my MA2. Speed is a huge factor and even though companies will say they are made for or do something it doesn't always equate to the math.
Yes, I have at least one U1 card that will work with the Mini, but also some that won't -- they work a bit and then stop recording like the OP report. If you already have a U1, might as well try it and see, but if you're shopping for a card, then U3 is what you want. One additional benefit is that you can upload the videos to your PC faster.

Thanks for the input - I didn't even think of it being the card. It's an older one, so very well might be too slow to keep up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki