DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Structure???

In your experience, which method gets the better reviews, if any?

• Montage (bouncing back and forth between locations)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AirBoudreaux

Reactions
I've got a question regarding the actual structuring of a "media/ marketing" video. I've got a client that I'm in the middle of a construction progress shoot with that has asked me to quote out another project. This client runs the museum district downtown and they want me to put together a 6-8 minute video of 4 different historical locations. They plan on using this on the websites or in a presentation about the facilities and creation of the museum district. These locations are all within 500 yards of one another. My plan is to do an opening shot where I get all of the locations in a single "flyby" shot. My question is in your experiences, which way might work better. Doing about a minute and a half on each subject and go from one to the next (keeping them separate) or just kind of bounce around between locations like a montage? I'm pretty OCD so I like the organized a little better but I'm not the one paying for it!

Just curious as to what sort of feedback some of you may have received from clients or what your thoughts are!

Thanks in advance!

I just voted for separate. For me, videos are meant to tell a story about people, a journey or a place. I know a commercial video might need to be different, but if there's a story to tell at each location, I would be interested in knowing more about that location.

Reactions: dozzn and FLDave
Thanks for the feedback! That's how I plan on going about it. I'll post it here once completed!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom