DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video that Saves to SD card is Jittery/Jumpy

JeffGilly

Reactions
Just bought a new Mavic Pro. I'm very new at droning. I notice when I drone, the video that is saved to the micro SD card on the drone itself is VERY jitter and jumpy (not smooth at all). The same video that is saved to my Samsung Galaxy phone is normal and smooth. Is there a default setting that causes this or is this a malfunction? Thanks! Jeff

It is maybe caused by the way you play it. Are you sure your computer is powerful enough to decide the high res video?

Media Player Classic and VLC cause high CPU load (over 95%) when playing 4k video on my laptops. Windows Media Player on the other hand works just fine.

What's saved to your phone is only lower resolution probably 720p.
Most computers now can play 4K as on the sd card, but you will have to download it to the machine not attempt to play from the card because the live transfer won't be fast enough.
As hinted above a different player might help.
If still struggling it ought to be able to play 2.7K smoothly if you record in that - debateably nicer quality anyway..

Make sure the SD card is fast enough for the write speeds on the AC. That's for the recording aspect.
Next,
Make sure your PC is up the task in processor and buss speed, Ram and Video Ram, once you have copied (or moved) the files from the SD card to your PC for the viewing/editing process.

First make certain that you moving the files from the card to your computer storage. Play the file directly from the computer. Second if it still an issue check the speed of your card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61