DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video very dark

Baldric99

Reactions
First run out with my Mavic Pro, everything went fine, but the video was very dark.
It was early evening.
What should the default settings be.
Thanks.

First run out with my Mavic Pro, everything went fine, but the video was very dark.
It was early evening.
Thanks.
Have you set the camera to "auto"? Right thumb wheel controls the shutter speed. Good time to read the manual.

Hi, yes I’ve read the manual, but other than to tell you the Right Thumb Wheel controls the shutter, there’s not any other advice.
The manual does not cover very much other than point out what the controls are for even that does not cover everything.
In fact it mentions C1 and C2 but does not give any info on what those are or what they will do.
So I’m reading up on all I can find
Thanks.
Dave.

Enable the histogram in djigo4, with the Mavic you are fixed in aperture, so you can only adjust ISO and shutter speed. You need to try to keep the histogram balanced to the center, or pushed a bit to the right, to the left and you are underexposed.

I would stay away from auto as it just pushes the ISO up to ranges that create too much digital noise (at least for me). The mavic much past ISO 400 is too noisy in the shadows/darker areas and the noise reduction applied creates too much of a painterly look. In low light Auto will take you into the ISO 800 and above ranges and the camera just can't handle the noise.

On the main screen of the djigo4 app, on the right side of the screen, look for the camera adjustment icon. Three horizontal lines with small circles. Click on this, and you can adjust a lot of your camera settings both in Video and stills.

The Mavic is a fixed wide open aperture, F 2.4 or 2.8, I can't remember which. So the only way to control your exposure (at base ISO of 100) is to increase the shutter speed. In your situation the shutter speed appears to be to high, so you can manually adjust it and see the effect your your video screen. In manual, you will have to make adjustments in flight as if you turn into the sun, you odds are will be over exposed.

Most folks will use a ND filter on the mavic due to the fixed aperture for video work to keep the shutter speed in a good range to the video FPS.

Paul C

Thanks Paul, very helpful.
Im actually looking at UTube videos nowon the subject and they are making sense,
Dave.

It was early evening.
Thanks.
Hey mate,
Mines exactly the same and it's really annoying. I'm at a beautiful beach but can't take video.
It was really dark one early afternoon about 2 months ago and it's turned me off using it as I can't work out the setting or issue. It's as if a update has changed it. It's annoying. Have you sorted it on yours now? Cameron.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada