DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos divided into blocks

EnricoBrun

Reactions
I do not understand why my videos in 4k 25fps are divided into packages of 5min total duration in Dji go 4. Where am I wrong? I have a 128gb 1800x !!!

Can you tell me where? I do not see anything like that on the settings, only the gb of the cache

Individual files on the SD card in the drone can’t be over 4 GB in size—that’s the maximum.
Therefore you have approximately 5 min. video runtime in 1 block.

You can change only the recording resolution. (i.e. 2.7K or 1080 etc.)

Reactions: kilomikebravo
Individual files on the SD card in the drone can’t be over 4 GB in size—that’s the maximum.
Therefore you have approximately 5 min. video runtime in 1 block.

You can change only the recording resolution. (i.e. 2.7K or 1080 etc.)
This thing only on Drone however, on a GoPro cam the video is stored in its entirety, not in blocks of 5min!

But in this way I will necessarily need a software then to gather files and give them continuity :rolleyes:

Do you really need a whole chunk that's big. If you are then going to post process, you need a pretty good PC/Mac to do that. What if there was a problem and the file got corrupted?
I can't imagine why 4k video of a full flight straight, without sound would be useful. People usually have short attention span, so if the scene in the video doesn't change every few seconds, people lose concentration anyway.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Do you really need a whole chunk that's big. If you are then going to post process, you need a pretty good PC/Mac to do that. What if there was a problem and the file got corrupted?
I can't imagine why 4k video of a full flight straight, without sound would be useful. People usually have short attention span, so if the scene in the video doesn't change every few seconds, people lose concentration anyway.
I do not understand why partitioning these files in packages of 5 min, and why not in 3 minutes or 10min? Weird ...

I do not understand why partitioning these files in packages of 5 min, and why not in 3 minutes or 10min? Weird ...
It is the file size not length that is the limit. Try filming at 720p and I bet the length is longer than 4k d-log even though both files will be the same size.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
It is the file size not length that is the limit. Try filming at 720p and I bet the length is longer than 4k d-log even though both files will be the same size.
But all this is a DJI limit, no my video device recorded in 4k 60fps is split video into 5min blocks !!!

No, it is a Fat32 limit where files can't be bigger than 4GB. Granted DJI supports exfat which supports files greater than 4GB and storage greater than 32GB has to be exfat if it is to remain in the FAT standard. I suppose DJI wanted to remain within the lowest common denominator and to be sure the file size is supported by other apps/devices.

I get about 13 min per file for 1080p 30fps videos.

No, it is a Fat32 limit where files can't be bigger than 4GB. Granted DJI supports exfat which supports files greater than 4GB and storage greater than 32GB has to be exfat if it is to remain in the FAT standard. I suppose DJI wanted to remain within the lowest common denominator and to be sure the file size is supported by other apps/devices.

I get about 13 min per file for 1080p 30fps videos.
Have you tried to shoot a video in 4k at 25fps longer than 5min and then find it in DJI Go4 divided into two parts ???

You still don't get it?
It's a file size limitation due to the FAT32 format. Google it up. Once the video gets to ~4GB, a new file is created.

You still don't get it?
It's a file size limitation due to the FAT32 format. Google it up. Once the video gets to ~4GB, a new file is created.
Patience. You're dealing with a cat.

You still don't get it?
But this does it only with my drone !!! You who do not understand me !!! Who formats my SD with these stupid partitions ??? Only DJI! Why do I ask?!?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech