DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos in cache but not on SD card

Reactions
This just started today - nothing changed since yesterday on the drone, phone or SD card. All videos and photos I took yesterday are on the card (not close to full). Any I took today are not showing up on the card. I've tried multiple flights. Taking out the SD card and it changes to internal storage, then putting SD back in and it asks if I want to go back to SD storage (yes). Fly, record, take pictures, etc.. Put the SD card in my computer and still only see the videos from yesterday. I have checked all the settings and they say record to SD, etc. as they always have. Any ideas?

What do you see on the SD card when connect the drone directly to your computer with a USB cable? File explorer should allow you to see files on the SD card and also internal stsorage.

What do you see on the SD card when connect the drone directly to your computer with a USB cable? File explorer should allow you to see files on the SD card and also internal stsorage.
I've never connected with the USB before, just took some sunrise shots and then gave that a try. I could see all the pictures I took this morning on the card while it was in the drone!!! Did this USB connection trigger something? Then took the card out and put it in the drone and they were there! None of the missing shots from yesterday showed up anywhere, so I guess it didn't save them anywhere?

The problem would likely be that your computer file explorer can read the formatted SD card. What file system is on the SD card? What file system does your computer report when the card is inserted into the computer? You could do an internet search and learn about SD card file formats and issues. Maybe it's an issue with the SD card reader in your computer.

The problem would likely be that your computer file explorer can read the formatted SD card. in your computer.
If that was the case, he wouldn't be able to see the other files on the card.

Is it possible that the file manager being used to see only shows compatible files? For example not system is set up to see h265 files. Unless you're just popping them open with windows explorer or Macs finder.

My Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual just started doing this over the weekend. I will take pictures or videos, and it automatically goes to the internal Storage and not the SD Card. The SD Card is selected on the controller for storage. When I bring it to the computer, the computer reads the SD as an H: drive and no pics or vids in that folder. However, hooking the USB to drone, will open an I: drive and the pics and videos are on there. We thought it might be a firmware issue, so we downgraded, and that also did not work. The SD card is a 32GB SanDisk Extreme which has been working fine up until Saturday. Following this post for any updates! I should also mention that we did do a full format of the SD Card and had the same result. I even put in a different SD card and had the same result as well.

My Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual just started doing this over the weekend. I will take pictures or videos, and it automatically goes to the internal Storage and not the SD Card. The SD Card is selected on the controller for storage. When I bring it to the computer, the computer reads the SD as an H: drive and no pics or vids in that folder. However, hooking the USB to drone, will open an I: drive and the pics and videos are on there. We thought it might be a firmware issue, so we downgraded, and that also did not work. The SD card is a 32GB SanDisk Extreme which has been working fine up until Saturday. Following this post for any updates! I should also mention that we did do a full format of the SD Card and had the same result. I even put in a different SD card and had the same result as well.
What are you using to view the files? Windows explorer or an app like Adobe bridge?

What are you using to view the files? Windows explorer or an app like Adobe bridge?
Windows. Everything has been working to view files for videos and pictures. We just can’t get the information to save to the onboard SD card on the drone. Been through a few options as far as reformatting the SD card, going back to previous firmware, since you can’t do a factory reset. And nothing is working. Even tried a new SD card, with the same outcome.

Windows. Everything has been working to view files for videos and pictures. We just can’t get the information to save to the onboard SD card on the drone. Been through a few options as far as reformatting the SD card, going back to previous firmware, since you can’t do a factory reset. And nothing is working. Even tried a new SD card, with the same outcome.
Wonder if something changed with the DJI fly app, since you can choose to use SD or internal memory on certain drones that have internal memory. Did the setting revert after the last update?

Wonder if something changed with the DJI fly app, since you can choose to use SD or internal memory on certain drones that have internal memory. Did the setting revert after the last update?
Nothing changed after the last update. I am using the DJI Controller too. Not an APP (didn't know if that made a difference). Here is the weirdest thing. We took a test flight yesterday after the updates, IMU Calibration, and Compass Calibration, just to perform maintenance. We took some pictures, and nothing was put on the SD card. However, it was all on the internal storage. I'm thinking that this is something inside of the drone maybe. I also have a DJI Mavic Enterprise that I fly with the DJI App and iPhone. That drone is taking pictures fine and putting them on the SD card. So, my deduction of plausibility is pointing to the thermal drone itself being the issue. Which sucks because it has been my go-to drone for search and rescues and fire overwatch.

Nothing changed after the last update. I am using the DJI Controller too. Not an APP (didn't know if that made a difference). Here is the weirdest thing. We took a test flight yesterday after the updates, IMU Calibration, and Compass Calibration, just to perform maintenance. We took some pictures, and nothing was put on the SD card. However, it was all on the internal storage. I'm thinking that this is something inside of the drone maybe. I also have a DJI Mavic Enterprise that I fly with the DJI App and iPhone. That drone is taking pictures fine and putting them on the SD card. So, my deduction of plausibility is pointing to the thermal drone itself being the issue. Which sucks because it has been my go-to drone for search and rescues and fire overwatch.
Hi, did you work out what was going on with this - I'm finding that i've got the same problem...

Thanks

I have not. I can’t seem to get an answer from DJI either.
I don't know if you have had this issue corrected or not, but... I had the same thing happen one time b before ( not on a drone, but another camera that used micro sd card ).
The fix was to wipe the contacts on the card with alcohol or electronic cleaner, leaving it wet. Plug the card in and out so to transfer the cleaner to the sd card slot contacts. do that a couple times. Sometimes the contacts get dirty and don't properly connect. Hope that works for ya.

I don't know if you have had this issue corrected or not, but... I had the same thing happen one time b before ( not on a drone, but another camera that used micro sd card ).
The fix was to wipe the contacts on the card with alcohol or electronic cleaner, leaving it wet. Plug the card in and out so to transfer the cleaner to the sd card slot contacts. do that a couple times. Sometimes the contacts get dirty and don't properly connect. Hope that works for ya.
It's worth a shot. If it doesnt work, that reader isn't working anyway!! HAHAH

I had something like this on my Mini2. couldnt view it in my FlyApp on the phone But the videos did record to SD and viewable on the computer. Instead of formatting the SD with the laptop, I formatted it in the drone. see if that helps you.

I recently bought mini 3 pro. And i got the same issue. Shot a nice sunset. Took videos and photos. And found out nothing is there in the internal memory and sd card. There are definitely saved footages and photos shot a day prior to that one. Still figuring out what the problem is. Didnt get any nice response from dji support as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N