DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos Saved to Card, But Not Photos?

SailorDanH

Reactions
I have done several flights with my Mavic 2 Pro... successfully taking photos and video. Yesterday, I did a flight where I stopped video, changed to photo mode, took a still shot, then went back to video... repeated a couple times.

Upon opening the SD Card, all 4 of the videos were there, but the photos taken between the videos (I heard the "click") were not there and not on the internal memory either. Any idea what I did wrong?

Does the MP2 behave the same way the MP does... in that clicking the photo button from video does not take a photo... the first click only changes it from video to photo mode? BTW, this is a _terrible_ set up in the Go app.

Does the MP2 behave the same way the MP does... in that clicking the photo button from video does not take a photo... the first click only changes it from video to photo mode? BTW, this is a _terrible_ set up in the Go app.
Agreed! You just have to get in the habit of stopping video first with the Go App, select Photo option, then use the shutter button.
I have been doing it this way for years. Haven't lost a photo yet.

Agreed! You just have to get in the habit of stopping video first with the Go App, select Photo option, then use the shutter button.
I have been doing it this way for years. Haven't lost a photo yet.
It's a terrible set up. Prior to the Mavic you could stop video and when you pressed photo it would switch and take photo. That system only made perfect sense.

Yes...you are right that the button first changes to photo mode, the second click on it is what actually takes the photo. But I knew that, and still thought I was taking the photo. But nonetheless, I didn't get the shot! I'm using the physical button on the controller itself. But I've been doing that in the past also.

Yes...you are right that the button first changes to photo mode, the second click on it is what actually takes the photo. But I knew that, and still thought I was taking the photo. But nonetheless, I didn't get the shot! I'm using the physical button on the controller itself. But I've been doing that in the past also.

I kind of did not think that was the issue but thought I'd mention it just in case. If video did not record then I'd have more input but I can't think of any reason why photos would not save.

Maybe you didn't press the photo button all the way down. The M2P has a two stage shutter button. First click is focus and second click is shutter. I've done it myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123