DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

View recording through DJI go 4?

GwynnLewis

Reactions
I'm using an iPad mini running DJI go 4 to fly my Mavic 2 Pro. Is there a way to view what I just shot on the iPad? I'd love to be able to see what I just shot to see if it's good or not. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, all Mavics (and most modern drones) allow you to play back either the photo or video you shot, or previous ones before that. Look for the standard Play icon on your DJI Go screen, the triangle that points to the right, which I believe is right below the round shutter button.

Edit: "Playback" is mentioned many times in the owners manual

Reactions: Paulf10
I cannot recall for sure if when you do as stated by Not A Speck Of Cereal above if you are actually viewing the video stored on the drone itself (either SD card or internal memory) or whether it is the video cache stored on your device. If you are looking at the cache, then be aware that you have to activate the Video Cache in a DJI Go 4 setting (I think, but not 100% sure it is on by default). Also, it has a default of 2GB cache size but you can specify more if you have the room on your device. Also, you need to set it so that it will delete old caches if the allocated space for cache fills up, otherwise it will stop recording the cache once you reach the limit.

I am relatively certain that the playback is the video on internal memory / card. It will also play back videos created from Hyperlapse, something never stored in cache.

Capture.JPG

I am relatively certain that the playback is the video on internal memory / card. It will also play back videos created from Hyperlapse, something never stored in cache.

View attachment 90127

I think you are correct Not A Speck Of Cereal that it is the video stored on the device(internal or SD card). Since the 'cache' I refer to does not cache the photos. Perhaps the other thing to be aware of is that the video you are 'playing back' would not be full resolution if it were shot in 2.7K or 4K. Maybe downsampled to 720p or 1080p if the Video Transmission setting set to Normal vs HD respectively (again, I say this from memory of what I read (or saw on YouTube). Could be wrong and will definitely defer to more experienced opinions!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwooden12