DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual Gimbal Control ?

MavicRoolzOK

Reactions
Hi
Just switched from Phantom 3SE to MavicAir - both great drones in their respective ways. One thing I have found, on the occasions I want to fly in quick-but-short-range 'wireless' mode, is that when using phone or tablet itself, although the 'virtual' gimbal-slider on the right is visible, as soon as you try to slide it up or down, the right-hand 'virtual joystick' appears and overlaps it and then that takes precedence (so I end up just going backwards & forwards :) ? Happens on 2x makes of phone, 2x makes of tablet, for both (previous) P3SE and (current) MA. Have accordingly given up (for now) trying to adjust the gimbal if using device-only What am I missing or doing wrong ? If using the roll-wheel on controller, gimbal operation AOK up/down as required. Any advice appreciated :)

Honestly, you just shouldn't fly without a controller. Flying with only a phone is extremely difficult, and presents problems, such as the one you mentioned above. The drone and controller are so small, packing space should not pose a problem.

Reactions: Point Zero
Yes, I agree, the controller is used 95% of the time in preference. However, for the 5% when I just want a quick close-range 'dronie' it would be nice to be able to swivel the gimbal ;-) Think I'll just carry on using the controller for now - was just curious if any one else had come across this issue (and if/how it had been resolved).

There’s a setting I think in the general settings called “gesture control” with options either “focus” or “gimbal control.” If it’s not already switch to “gimbal control.”

Tap and hold anywhere on the screen and now you can control the gimbal by sliding up or sliding down. This isn’t the one that’s usually visible on the screen. It’s a “hidddn feature” of DJI Go 4.

Thanks for suggestion re: gesture-control route etc. Had a root-around and couldn't (immediately) find it - probably me. However.....on further checking, I see that there's actually a small 4-cursor circle in bottom-left corner of screen. Hey presto - tapping on this toggles between virtual-joysticks or gimbal - sorted, as attached :)

Attachments

• gimboff.JPG
    gimboff.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 18
  • gimbon.JPG
    gimbon.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 18
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads