DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Virtual litchi mission and mini 2

Reactions
I bought litchi after watching vlm and now i have notice it doesn't run with mini 2. or do you have to chose just the mini

or has anyone used it with mini 2 with no problem?

No problems at all with Litchi and the Mini 2. Check to be sure that you don't have DJI Fly set as the default app for the Mini 2 on your phone or tablet.

I have had to restart Litchi on a couple of occasions when it didn't connect to the drone.

No problems at all with Litchi and the Mini 2. Check to be sure that you don't have DJI Fly set as the default app for the Mini 2 on your phone or tablet.

I have had to restart Litchi on a couple of occasions when it didn't connect to the drone.
I am talking about because when you go on set up mini is there but mini 2 isnt

Virtual litchi mission​

I haven't had any problems using Litchi on an Android 12 (Pixel 4 XL). I've programmed several missions using the flylitchi.com mission hub via a Chrome browser on my Windows 10 desktop. They load without any problems into the Litchi app on the phone.

It seems to me that there might be a bit of confusion here. The OP has specified VLM non-support in the topic, but talks about Litchi in the post.

I have noted that VLM does not show the Mini 2. Is there a version of VLM that explicitly supports the Mini 2? If not, what is the work around? I've noted that FOV should be set to 83. Anything else?

Thanks!

Edit: I do see that in the Drone Type parameter menu, VLM directs to manually edit settings to match your aircraft. This suggests to me that the Drone Type option is a convenience toggle for settings, which can be arbitrarily set to match your requirements.

Also I see that stock maximum ascent rate and descent rate in N Mode are stated as 3ms per the DJI published spec, unless I have misread or misunderstood. As Litchi runs in N mode, (again afaik), presumably Mini 2 users would want to specify 3 as the max ascent/descent rates within VLM?

Feedback and direction would be most welcome.

Last edited:
It seems to me that there might be a bit of confusion here. The OP has specified VLM non-support in the topic, but talks about Litchi in the post.
Good point! I initially tried VLM, but I found the instructions confusing. Since discovering Litchi's Mission Hub that runs on a browser and works fine with my Mini 2, I haven't gone back to VLM. Exporting a KML version lets me see the mission in GE, but not simulate flying it. So far at least, I haven't felt a need for that capability.

However, now that I'm more familiar with the terminology, I may take another look at VLM.

Good point! I initially tried VLM, but I found the instructions confusing. Since discovering Litchi's Mission Hub that runs on a browser and works fine with my Mini 2, I haven't gone back to VLM. Exporting a KML version lets me see the mission in GE, but not simulate flying it. So far at least, I haven't felt a need for that capability.

However, now that I'm more familiar with the terminology, I may take another look at VLM.
You can run the Litchi Mission Hub in Google Chrome and install the Litchi Chrome extension. It will export missions as "VLM" extensions that will let you simulate the flight in GE.

• Love
Reactions: EricF
Thank you @dannymavicpilot! The part I had been missing was installing the Chrome extension — and then restarting Chrome. (Duh!) Now the VML file includes the playable mission in GE perfectly. I think I still prefer the Litchi Mission Hub for planning the tour, but being able to preview it with the camera focus on the POIs is a huge advantage.

Not having 3D available in my rural region on GE still makes this somewhat less useful, but setting GE's "Elevation Exaggeration" up to 2 (or even 3) helps provide a sense of the relative elevations. Note to anyone doing this though: playing the Virtual Mission with elevation exaggeration >1 can create problems; best to have it set to 1 for playback.

Reactions: Faster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman