DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision Pro and Line of Site

Cafguy

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Been testing out these new apple goggles and well In theory I could easily fly my drone line of site while wearing these- No I won't try without a spotter-. BUT The field of view is amazing, and it's pretty much like wearing BIG glasses really.
Do you think It would actually violate line of site rules? and how do you think it would violate the rule Just wondering?

Can't comment until mine arrives tomorrow but I had similar expectations....to be able to one day use them with DJI drones whether it's the DJI Fly app, the Internet, software such as Litchi, maybe even one day FPV which would resolve the current FPV spotter concerns. My understanding is you can clearly see thru them so not sure why it would present a VLOS issue.....can't wait for the weekend!

P.S. Imagine flying the Mavic 3 Pro using Vision Pro with the main display *and* the map in the middle and all four Vision Assist "mirrors" in the corners as well as being able to see the world around (and behind you) while keeping VLOS.

Do you think It would actually violate line of site rules?
I'm far from an expert, but this is the part of the VLOS regs that stand out to me:
With vision that is unaided by any device other than corrective lenses
I don't know how the goggles work, though. Are they clear lenses that you can see through with no power or are they an actual screen like VR goggles? If the latter, I think the FAA could make a case that your vision is being aided by the device.

Can't comment until mine arrives tomorrow but I had similar expectations
I have an option to buy a pair They are SO SLICK!! the screen is not clear its just like fpv only you have the camera in the goggles Its future World You can have one app open when you look on one side of the room and a different app when you look at the other wall! It's Minority Report BUT If I decide to keep them I gotta cough up that 3500 and I ain't quite sure I think the Below statement Just minght throw a wrench into the whole Idea!
'm far from an expert, but this is the part of the VLOS regs that stand out to me:
With vision that is unaided by any device other than corrective lenses*** :(
I bet this is what Buzz Kills it right there!

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
The wife has to take these back on wed.- or I gotta keep them. I think they are really cool BUT not 3500 dollars cool- at least I can say I was using mine before they were for sale. Maybe I can get one of these in a year from her employer. Apple donated several of these to them.

Having had a few days so far to really test out Apple Vision Pro and I can easily say top 5 most incredible piece of personal equipment I've ever owned in my lifetime. I am beyond thrilled. At times, there were tears. :D

Can't wait to try this. So many other features about AVP still yet to explore. One day DJI will make it work and you can use your FPV drone instead of the Goggles....at least in broadcast mode. This is amazing stuff, I don't think the video does AVP justice, you have to see it for yourself to understand how big and crisp those screens really are:

why do you think AVP will be useful to fly a drone?

do you want to open Safari while flying? :)
for not getting the sun light in your eyes? :)
the only point where AVP is useful is that you can see around you without taking it off

but flying experience is a lot better in Goggles 2, in functionality, image quality and immersivity
AVP may be fun to use from time to time if you already own it but nothing more

why do you think AVP will be useful to fly a drone?

do you want to open Safari while flying? :)
for not getting the sun light in your eyes? :)
the only point where AVP is useful is that you can see around you without taking it off

but flying experience is a lot better in Goggles 2, in functionality, image quality and immersivity
AVP may be fun to use from time to time if you already own it but nothing more
I'm not sure about how nice the experience is today but I think it will improve greatly over the months and years and once DJI creates official app(s) then it will be much better overall. It will not involve opening Safari while flying.

I like the idea of multiple sized screens in key locations, multiple angles, other apps such as the weather, road maps, geography and terrain, nearby airport detail, new form of ADS-B alerts. Imagine multiple inputs from Vision Assist, realtime graphic OA alerts that you can see (not just hear). How about showing all 3 cameras from the M3P in different screens. Flight paths and RTH paths clearly laid out....and so much more.

When real AI is integrated, you'll be able to see street names and building addresses, car registrations, business' details, traffic alerts, expected incoming aircraft (paths), your LAANC details can be integrated along multiple grids allowing you to fly more freely....and I haven't started talking about FPV flying.

now you re talking about what DJI might do in the future, there is nothing about AVP future upgrades in what you are saying
AVP its just a device that cast DJI app, nothing more
if DJI will upgrade the app you will see it on your AVP too but nothing more, DJI and Apple will not work together in this life
and i dont see DJI upgrading it at the level youre thinking about because they already have the banning issue in the us
so theres nothing much to expect about this

Last edited:
It would be considered "aided" vision.

I don't think it would be a good replacement to fly drones anyway.

I also think it's a wonderful gadget, but that's all it is. I don't want goggles stuck on my face all the time when using my phone or computer. That's just weird.

• Love
Reactions: gogorokokoko
Just curious…would these goggles be legal to use without a VO in the US? Either way, at $4,000, that’s too much for my budget. 🙀

Just curious…would these goggles be legal to use without a VO in the US? Either way, at $4,000, that’s too much for my budget. 🙀
No different than FPV pilots who wear DJI Goggles, you need to have a VO. But as far as I'm concerned, I'll agree with the point made by someone else in different thread concerning the overall enforcement of certain rules and regulations:

"Something that's never happened .. .and is likely to never happen in the future."

So I'll be wearing mine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne