DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision Sensor Error

2nckayakers

Reactions
So about a week ago I get an error that says "Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Error". At the time I was not home so I just turned the sensors off and kept flying. I actually forgot about it till this week. So now that I am home I go watch the video of course about how to calibrate.

Once I get the Mavic turned on, connected to the computer and DJI Assistant up and running, I click calibration. It goes through the three tutorial steps and then it just sits there. The start calibration button is greyed out and there is a little spinning wheel beside it like it is waiting on something. Nothing ever happens. I waited half an hour and nothing.

SO I contact DJI Support online. Tell them what is happening.

First they tell me to try another computer. My response I don't have another.
Next they tell me to turn everything off and back on. Tried that and nothing happened.
Then they tell me to make sure I have the latest version of firmware. I am on .900 so that is good
Then I ask what is the latest version of DJI Assistant 2. They keep repeating V1.03.900
I then say no not the Firmware for the Mavic, the current version of Assistant 2
They repeat again V1.03.900 ( I finally start thinking that this person has no clue what I am asking)

So finally I just tell them I am going to go and reinstall my Assistant 2 software, restart my computer,
Then refresh the .900 FW on the Mavic and then try again. So I leave chat.

I did everything I as stated above and went back in and tried again. Same exact thing happens.

So next I go back to Support, online chat. It is 8:40 PM and as soon as it connects I get the message that it can't connect and it tells me the times that support is open. Says it is until 9:00 PM +4GMT WTH! they close early? or can't tell time?

Ok so anyway I finally just start looking around and go into the GO4 app and look at the error codes and I finally see on one of the codes where it says contact DJI Support and give them code 0x0400

So since I can't contact support again it would appear until Sunday at 6:00 pm, I am stuck till then unless anyone here has any suggestions. Has anyone else had this error code and if so what did you do?

I had an error and calibrated it out in the field. Just happened today, actually. I got the error, turned it off and back on did the little box moves as instructed. I've never used the Assistant software for anything. Did you try it without the computer?

It took me several tries to calibrate it after receiving the warning. I completely forgot about the issue since I've had so much fun with the craft after getting it calibrated.

I had an error and calibrated it out in the field. Just happened today, actually. I got the error, turned it off and back on did the little box moves as instructed. I've never used the Assistant software for anything. Did you try it without the computer?
How did you calibrate the vision sensors in the field? I didn't know there was an option for that.

Ok never noticed the vision sensor calibration being available remotely. Found it, and it worked perfectly to correct the error.

Reactions: Dragonfly1
Never noticed the vision sensor calibration in the GO4 App, but I found it and it worked perfectly. Still have a concern that it didn't work in the Assistant 2 app on the computer.

I had the same issue. I sent it back to DJI, they said the core board was bad. They repaired it and sent it back in a month. ONLY IT WAS A DIFFERENT SERIAL NUMBER! They lost mine and after two months and hours on the phone they agreed they lost my mavic and sent me brand new one. So it took three months to get mine back. I REALLY HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER SERVICE THAN ME. Good luck[emoji3]

Ok never noticed the vision sensor calibration being available remotely. Found it, and it worked perfectly to correct the error.

Glad it worked out. It seems to only be available on power-up. I've never used the Assistant ... never even downloaded it. I've been lucky with my updates right from the app, but I know that there have been problems out there. I'm stopping at FW .800, but it is a little creepy just ignoring the "firmware update required" warning when the app powers up.

Glad it worked out. It seems to only be available on power-up. I've never used the Assistant ... never even downloaded it. I've been lucky with my updates right from the app, but I know that there have been problems out there. I'm stopping at FW .800, but it is a little creepy just ignoring the "firmware update required" warning when the app powers up.

I stopped at Firmware 700. I've had to calibrate my compass once, and vision sensors twice. There seems to be a large gap between flight before I have to tinker with the craft. Make me wonder what would happen if on vacation without a computer.

Is there another way to calibrate vision sensors without a computer screen??

I stopped at Firmware 700. I've had to calibrate my compass once, and vision sensors twice. There seems to be a large gap between flight before I have to tinker with the craft. Make me wonder what would happen if on vacation without a computer.

Is there another way to calibrate vision sensors without a computer screen??

It's on your first screen on power up ... near the compass calibrate button.

Where is this calibrate vision sensors button?
2d460069fa34a5f53da7abf9c3b1073b.jpg

Interesting....yes...if you look at the top of my screen you see a warning triangle. Error for forward sensors. But as you see for vision sensor it says normal.

Anyway, I did hook it up to the PC. Connected it to DJI Assistant 2. Did the calibration which failed due to screen size. The DJI rep on the phone said to reset to factory defaults which also failed and I was instructed to return it to DJI for repair.

I have never crashed or had any hard landings etc...kept in hard case with custom foam so not sure what the heck this is about...

I should add that it flies fine....

I experienced the exact same issue. Tried it on my friends Mac book, problem solved.

I had the same issue. I sent it back to DJI, they said the core board was bad. They repaired it and sent it back in a month. ONLY IT WAS A DIFFERENT SERIAL NUMBER! They lost mine and after two months and hours on the phone they agreed they lost my mavic and sent me brand new one. So it took three months to get mine back. I REALLY HOPE YOU HAVE BETTER SERVICE THAN ME. Good luck[emoji3]
Did dji's policy change? I see some folks not happy because they got another serial back and others quoting the dji agreement that states this is exactly what should happen - IE dji decides to either repair or replace. Curious why a different serial number in your case was an issue. I always understood it to be up to dji to repair or replace and not that anyone is entitled to getting the same unit back even for folks who have a few day old MP as I have seen reports of different serial's coming back.

Tried using a macbook but couldnt get the dji assistant 2 to load.
Then I hooked up a new monitor to my PC and sure enough the calibration went through and the error cleared. Now need to figure out why it wont reset to factory defaults.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters