DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision settings

Dronebow

Reactions
Curious what folks who are pretty comfortable with flying are setting their vision settings at. I was flying the MP through a park the other day and it was so effortless and stable I was going to fly it under a bar connected to a play ground slide area but forward vision was enabled so it just beeped and would not go.

I'm still learning with these settings since it wasn't there on the P3.

Thanks!

That would be working as expected if you had the optical avoidance turned on. You can either turn off the optical avoidance, or switch to Sport mode. Or, if you can get low enough, drop the craft so the bar is not in its line of sight.

That would be working as expected if you had the optical avoidance turned on. You can either turn off the optical avoidance, or switch to Sport mode. Or, if you can get low enough, drop the craft so the bar is not in its line of sight.
Yes, I think there was a slide beyond the bars that caused the vision to halt the drone. I was just wondering what most people are setting their drones for in different circumstances.

Ie.. you are using tripod mode. I assume you want to leave the vision on for the downward pointing sensors but the forward turn off??

Personally, it would depend on the situation. In Tripod mode, if I was shooting a subject, and had plenty of room in the area, it is a neat, dramatic look to have the person walk towards the Drone, with the forward system on, the drone backs away automatically. Have to watch what is behind the drone as it backs away so it doesnt hit anything.

Comes down to planning the shot. Do the planning ahead of time, and you wont need to use the avoidance systems.

For me right now, until I am VERY comfortable to controling the drone in all directions no matter how I am facing, I am leaving the safety systems on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica