DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision system error

Essa

Reactions
Hi,

I just bought my Mavic Pro three weeks ago since my first fly I got this error message which I posted it

I have then downloaded the DJI assistant 2 for calibration the front sensors works fine as u see in my attachment

I have updated the firmware as you can see it on the attachment

My downward sensors isn't works for calibration and it showed like this as I'm going to post it too

Hope my issue is clear to you. How would I fix that? By the way my drone it's flying fine just without sensors IMG_2081.JPGIMG_2148.JPGIMG_2149.JPGIMG_2145.JPGIMG_2145.JPG

If these error messages are really showing up since your first flight I would assume a hardware failure and ask my dealer for a guarantee replacement. Be sure that is not normal and I assume it cannot be fixed by any calibration, especially as "hardware malfunction" is displayed with a request for calling DJI.

Reactions: Former Member
I agree with @GerdS

If you look at your monitor, the bottom cams aren't giving you a display. If it was simply a calibration error, the calibration would time out and not give you an error message. A hardware error means there is something mechanically wrong with your sensors, and you cant fix that with a calibration. Can you return or exchange it for another one?

Last edited:
Thanks for reply

I can't return it back because I have bought it from abroad and it's difficult to transfer it

Is there any suggestions to fix it by myself?

You can try fixing it yourself, many people have. Diagnosing it might not be easy if you dont know what to look for.

Where are you located? If in the USA I can take a look at it. If you are in or near the UK, I would recommend sending it to a repair shop listed here:

UK Drone repair?

I would like to get an idea if how i got this repair do u got any YouTube link or something that's related to my issue it would be useful for me

Seriously, if I were you, I would send it off to DJI which ever service center is closest to Qatar You're going to have to spend almost $200 for the board anyway And it's still entirely possible that DJI might cover it under warranty. You have nothing to lose except time and postage.

Okay when I open my drone from below I just double check these connectors

The problem is if i send it abroad I it maybe won't return back to me because in our policy in Qatar isn't allowed to have drones with camera so the only way I have to fix it

The problem is if i send it abroad I it maybe won't return back to me because in our policy in Qatar isn't allowed to have drones with camera so the only way I have to fix it
I'm not going to ask how you got it into your country to begin with [emoji6]

I'm from Qatar I can try to do it by my self do I have to change the vision sensors ? And get new one

The problem with your error message is that it's your downward positioning cameras that are not seeing. You front ones are easily replaced. The bottom ones are on the core board, a $200 part. If you are determined to open your Mavic, take off the bottom cover, 8 screws, and make sure all 3 connectors are plugged in. I bet that one of them is loose.

Okay how would I know if these camera working or not ? When i open it

We already know that they are not working or not connected because they dont show up in DJI Go. See if their ribbon cables are connected to the core board. If everything looks good, it's possible you have a bad core board. It's a bad sign that both of them are not working. If either 1 wasnt working, then it could be a problem with that cam, but neither is working.

You can always disable the downward sensors and see if DJI Go lets you fly.

I would like to display the downward sensors I don't really want them I'm fine if the forwards sensors works only it will be great

Can i do that ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98