DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vision System

ZooCougar

Reactions
So I noticed the past couple of days that the vision system was detecting obstacles where there weren’t any. I got home to download my videos and I had the message that the system needed calbration. It’s not a big leap, but am I right in assuming that the need to calibrate was related to the ghost obstacles?

You can get false positives from bright light, which is most commonly the sun. Also things like birds that you maybe never see with the naked eye will obviously trigger them if they fly too close.

Not a bad idea to re-calibrate either way (especially if prompted), but there are things that may not be obvious to the pilot that can trigger them even if there is nothing wrong with the drone.

Reactions: ZooCougar
I got home to download my videos and I had the message that the system needed calbration.
If that notice still displays after restarting everything, then you should calibrate the sensors using the DJI Assistant 2 application.

If this happens when out flying again, try yawing the drone away from the sun to see if that resolves the issue. If it does, then that's likely the cause. You can temporary disable obstacle avoidance if this becomes a problem and you have no choice other than flying directly toward the sun.

Reactions: ZooCougar
You can get false positives from bright light, which is most commonly the sun. Also things like birds that you maybe never see with the naked eye will obviously trigger them if they fly too close.

Not a bad idea to re-calibrate either way (especially if prompted), but there are things that may not be obvious to the pilot that can trigger them even if there is nothing wrong with the drone.

It wasn’t very bright.

But yeah I am **** about a red status. And I was getting a bunch of false positives.

It wasn’t very bright.

But yeah I am **** about a red status. And I was getting a bunch of false positives.

Even if it's not that bright but the sun is low on the horizon, you can get false positives. It doesn't have to be the sun either, it can be a streetlight or similar. Or birds.

At any rate, if it's still telling you to calibrate, give that a go and hopefully it's resolved.

Even if it's not that bright but the sun is low on the horizon, you can get false positives. It doesn't have to be the sun either, it can be a streetlight or similar. Or birds.

At any rate, if it's still telling you to calibrate, give that a go and hopefully it's resolved.

Yeah I did as soon as I could get the Assistant working and it is gone.

I was just wondering if the false positives were an indication that it wasn’t working right.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Yeah I did as soon as I could get the Assistant working and it is gone.

I was just wondering if the false positives were an indication that it wasn’t working right.

Sounds like in your case it was, if you are flying in the same conditions issue-free now. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan