DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Visiting Netherlands with a drone (non Dutch resident)

Dr Spaceman

Reactions
Hi
I'm going on holiday with my DJI mini 2 and was keen to bring my drone.

I'm not sure how I go around registering for my operator, I came across some documents in Dutch but seems to want some id numbers which I don't have.

The Netherlands is a part of the European Union and therefore uses EASA requirements. There are many excellent threads on this topic if you do a search.
I am a US resident just getting back from Germany and Austria so I went through this process six weeks ago. I also used a Mini 2 which I had less than a half hour on before I left. (I do have many hours on other DJI drones.).
The Mini 2 exceeded my expectations by a surprising margin.

There is almost no beautifull space you can fly a drone in Holland...the space is almost totaal taken bij airports and natura2000 areas.....

There is almost no beautifull space you can fly a drone in Holland...the space is almost totaal taken bij airports and natura2000 areas.....
Is there a map showing this? Next year I want to visit relatives with a farm near Twisk (small village near Hoorn) and was hoping to take pictures of their farm from the air…

Please Download 'godrone' in the androidstore. Its an app from the dutch flightcontrol and you can given in the wanted location to see the dutch noflyzones.....

Please Download 'godrone' in the androidstore. Its an app from the dutch flightcontrol and you can given in the wanted location to see the dutch noflyzones.....
I don't have an android device. The iOS app store has nothing listed for that name. (Maybe because I'm in Canada?)

Is this the website equivalent?

If it is it looks like it would be worth taking the drone, as I could get the fields and farms, although the seaside would likely be off-limits.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405