DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vitosha mountain (Bulgaria) and original piano composition

Nicolas

Reactions
Hi gurus!

I have just edited this drone film of the Vitosha mountain (Bulgaria) covering an original piano composition from one of my friends

Do you like it? Anything that could be improved?

Thank you!

Nicolas, Spinning Views

Nice colours, composition and textures. Nice to have Ellie in there ... Good piano too!
Only thing I'd have done differently, would be to 'dissolve' between scenes, rather than snap from one to the other, simply because I think that would go with the laid-back music a little better. Great though ...

03d263e09df542f39ae0d03109a8d111.jpg

Reactions: mfishhead
It's a nice piece. Constructive feedback would be to buy a set of neutral density filters and learn how and when to use them. Second point is never to edit on a note change unless you want to drive home a point...editing on a music change is like adding !! at the end of a sentence. If there isn't some cue for the viewer to note, they are left wondering what was the point!

Lastly, go easy on colour correction in post. As soon as something looks not quite right (purple tree bark, for example) it makes everything else take on a degree of unbelievability. If you want your story to be believable then keep things true to their natural colour and hue.

Lastly, disregard all these suggestions if you know what you are doing!!

Nice colours, composition and textures. Nice to have Ellie in there ... Good piano too!
Only thing I'd have done differently, would be to 'dissolve' between scenes, rather than snap from one to the other, simply because I think that would go with the laid-back music a little better. Great though ...

Thank you Fox! I'll give a try to smoother transitions and see how it goes

It's a nice piece. Constructive feedback would be to buy a set of neutral density filters and learn how and when to use them. Second point is never to edit on a note change unless you want to drive home a point...editing on a music change is like adding !! at the end of a sentence. If there isn't some cue for the viewer to note, they are left wondering what was the point!

Lastly, go easy on colour correction in post. As soon as something looks not quite right (purple tree bark, for example) it makes everything else take on a degree of unbelievability. If you want your story to be believable then keep things true to their natural colour and hue.

Lastly, disregard all these suggestions if you know what you are doing!!

Thanks, Level for this GREAT feedback. I actually used ND filters for this shooting. Is there a specific shot that shows a misuse of the filters? I love your point on having a transition on a note change. I had never thought about that. I'll keep that in mind for my future videos and modify a few sequences in that one to remove a few! :D Your last point on unbelievability is very pertinent. I guess my problem is that some shots have unreal colours and some other not. I'll try to harmonize that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada