DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wacky Gimbel Issue

huguely.ad

Reactions
I have been flying My Mavic Pro for over 8 months. The current firmware version is 1.04.04. I am encountering what I call a "wacky gimbel" behavior. The gimbel appears to have lost vertical and horizontal alignment. The drone has never been crashed. I have tried to re-calibrate the gimbel; however, calibration fails; with error message that the device in not on stable surface. I had a brief realignment; when I reset the gimbel in the DJI GO 4 on my iPhone X. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Team,

Thanks for the replies. Lifted gimbal from restraints. Made sure there were no obstructions and restarted. Low and behold; error condition was self induced. Discovered that lens filter was inhibiting the free movement of gimbal agility. Re-calibrated gimbal with no errors. Lesson learned: seat lens filters snuggly!!!

I'm having a similar issue, but my gimbal (lack of a better term) freaked out mid flight. It rotated up and down and change orientation. The second occurrence during the same flight my video became distorted. See clip which was downloaded from the SD card. I landed and rebooted the Mavic and everything seemed fine. I have not flown it since. I'm not really sure what I can do to troubleshoot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose