DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WANTED: drone repair training (apprentice , on the job etc)

flybynowire

Reactions
60 year old veteran , wants training in repairing drones,, can pay as assistant or do repair for exchange of experience,,, can travel, have motorhome,, ready to start immediately,,, been a clock repairman, and power window repair tech,,, and electronic technician as well in the Navy
[email protected] to get my phone number

Hello from the Crossroads of America flybynowire.

Nice to meet you and thank you for your service. 🤝

I have watched YouTube videos about how to tear down some drones and remotes that are quite helpful before starting a project.

I tried to repair my Spark but the gimbal is still wonky. :rolleyes:

The parts inside are very small and may be difficult to see if suffering with vision problems.

Bright lights and magnifiers will help to see the detail.

Good luck with your future endeavors and welcome to the Forum. 😎

Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)
60 year old veteran , wants training in repairing drones,

Hi FlyByNoWire, Hope I can offer you some advice, it's all FREE, so I guarantee you'll get your monies worth…

As MA2 317 offered, watch lots of YouTubes, there are good ones and there are bad ones, watch both… The Good Ones will teach you what you should do and offer tips, tricks, and insights into the repairs of Drones. The Bad Ones will teach you want you should not do and you would be surprised that so many YouTubers do not edit out their mess ups, screw ups, and their foul ups.

I would advise you buy some inexpensive drones and play around with them, not necessary to fly but to tinker with and take apart and then put back together. I have bought four different "toy" drones at my local thrift shops and not one cost more than $2.

You might also consider buying better ones, even high quality drones that are advertised as Broken, wrecked, and crashed… You can find them on eBay. Some may have a broken arm and another will be selling

You can also check Craigslist for "wrecks." And do not be afraid to offer less than is being asked, all they can do is say No…

Next, you wrote about getting training. Have you contacted various Drone Repair centers? Even if they are not hiring, they might be willing to take you on as an Intern (a non-paying position…), worse case, it they will really offer REAL Training, you might offer to pay for training.

Have you contacted your local community colleges? Many are now offering courses for Part 107 and more and they might have references to places where you can get training…

Since you are willing to travel, contact the big Drone resellers, they must have some type of service for repairing their returned units.

Finally, Let's talk DJI… They big facility is in Fort Worth, Texas. I do not know how much repair they do verses just accept and replace… But a while back, I returned a drone under Care Refresh and the Drone they sent was defective. I sent it back, and lo 'n behold, they sent me a Repair estimate (No cost as it was under warranty…) but they did take the unit apart and diagnose the problems so they must do something there…

If you are not a DJI owner/flyer, then log onto the DJI Forum and register.

DJI FORUM

On the bottom of their web page is a link to Support.

Support Product - DJI

On the bottom of that web page is a link to Careers…

Home-DJI Recruits Genius

At the time of me writing this, they claim to have 50-positions available in 17-locations. Now, some of these positions you would need pontoons on that RV to reach, but it's worth a try…

Finally, you can send your Resume to them at [email protected]. You might be exactly what they are looking for but have yet to advertise…

Of course, there are other Drone manufacturers besides DJI, Here is a Comprehensive List…

2022 U.S. Drone Manufacturers - Comprehensive List

Good Luck from one Service Member to another…

Reactions: MA2 317 and 280
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkanoz86