DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning !! Landing now means just that !!

Trafcon

Reactions
My first major faux paus with my Mavic. Was taking videos at various resolutions to compare side-by-side to see if 4K 24 fps was that much better than the 2.7 or 1080p at higher frame rates. I was into my 3rd round trip and coming back. I got the low battery warning but figured I had plenty of time (only went out 500 feet). About 200 feet from home it advised, "Critical battery level. Landing now." It really meant "CRITICAL BATTERY LEVEL LANDING NOW IDIOT !!!

When it told me landing now I hit the red X cancel button and hit the forward throttle full to make it back. Didn't realize the red X I hit was to cancel the tripod mode. Lesson learned. Only causality was a Quince on the fruit tree.
Here is the video. Yep no fault of updates etc. Just an OOPPS pilot error !!
Crash(1).mp4

Last edited:
Yeah, that is what I did but it angled forward and down. Maybe someone could give me instructions to upload the video. :)

Time to learn that it is a very bad idea flying the battery until totally empty.
Continue with doing so if you like buying new batteries every year or even more often.
If you want a long battery life then plan your misions to end with 30% battery capacity left. Then there is also enough reserve available for handling any unexpected situation.

Reactions: Chip D and David S
You can use YouTube, Google drive, dropbox

Did you just go forward or up & forward?
I'll get the video posted and you will see I did exactly that full forward right stick and no left stick. My first critical battery warning so I panicked.

.....and what was your conclusion on 4k vs 1080, or are you still in collision mode?:)
:)

.....and what was your conclusion on 4k vs 1080, or are you still in collision mode?:)
:)
Going to redo the runs and hopefully post a side by side comparison video. Haven't flown since the crash. Physically all looks good need to check out mechanically now.

Lol.... a really good experiment.

Time to learn that it is a very bad idea flying the battery until totally empty.
Continue with doing so if you like buying new batteries every year or even more often.
If you want a long battery life then plan your misions to end with 30% battery capacity left. Then there is also enough reserve available for handling any unexpected situation.
Thanks for the tip. This was my first time ever making it to critical battery level. I have low battery warning at 25% and critical at 15% Usually I get to 20 % or so at the lowest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf