DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning messages on start up

Stokesy_SWFC

Reactions
Hello,
Whenever I power up the MM I get a Navigation System error and a IMU calibration warning.

They both disappear and never reappear and the IMU shows normal in the settings.

The drone is brand new. So, is it faulty and do I need to take it back for an exchange or is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Even though it disappears, it’s not normal. At least not on mine. I would recommend trying another, can’t hurt.

Are you moving the drone when you get imu warning? Like carrying it to laynch point or even holding it in your hand ?
If the craft has any movement when booting up or even carrying it after landing you will get imu errors

Are you moving the drone when you get imu warning? Like carrying it to laynch point or even holding it in your hand ?
If the craft has any movement when booting up or even carrying it after landing you will get imu errors
I have never seen this reported from any of DJI's aircraft, can you verify this info? Link? I have had 4 DJI models and this has never been a issue or warning I have ever seen nor posted. I power on almost always while carrying and even the gimbal is level once placed and during flight.
The only time you can't move a DJI is during a IMU cal between the stages.

To the OP the Navigation System error is usually tied to the redundancy side of IMU's so the two may be tied. It isn't normal but may be that one side is warming the IMU. I am unaware of redundancy of the MM, I would think it only has one, but perhaps two these days? Regardless it is a mismatch issue and is clearing, but is out of spec and not normal.

Do a IMU cal, but if it is still there do a DJI Repair/Replace.

Last edited:
The problem with the MM is that the power button is on the bottom so you have to have it in your hands to power up.
I never liked that, particularly considering gimbal initialization.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada