DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Warning, you are in a geofencing zone... Warning you are in a geo...

MrRobville

Reactions
Warning, you are in a geofencing zone. please confirm to accept responsibility.
☒ I accept full responsibility.

10 seconds later

2 seconds later

1 minute later

Warning, you are in a geofencing zone. PLEASE confirm to accept responsibility.
☒ I accept full responsibility, and want to blow my brains out.

Holy Moly. Thank goodness this doesn't occur everywhere, but when it does, DJI Go makes absolutely certain to bother the living daylight out of you with these constant pop up messages notifying you that you are within a Geo fencing zone or no-fly zone. With all of the safety measures around, I am stunned that some genius at DJI thought it was a good idea to put a massive pop up during flight that covers the entire view and cannot be hidden with one click. No, you have to manually check the box and press a tiny accept button underneath.
Pair this with a WIFI region notification that pops up as well every now and then, and you have yourself a feast of struggles.
This happened to me in a rural village somewhere within a mountain pass. Not an airport in sight for miles and no actual no-fly zones are present. This has ruined quite a few shots that I tried to make where I wanted a fluent cinematic camera movement. In the end, I had to take the shot purely using LOS because the app kept prompting me about these Geo zones. The last thing I want to be concerned with while flying is annoyances like these.

Is there any way this obtrusive message can be omitted? I am aware that you can supposedly turn off Geo warnings when clicking on the map and then going to the settings within map view. However, this has no effect as I have already turned off all warnings. I always do research on no-flyzones beforehand.

If not, does anyone know if Litchi also has these warnings? I might consider using that if it promises a distraction free flight.

Also, has anyone else encountered this? Luckily I haven't had this anywhere else, but I think this is quite a significant issue if this is present in many other areas. I'm hoping that I simply happened to be on the border of a Geo zone, causing a constant re-trigger of the warning.

I'm still very satisfied with the Air, but errors like these really impair the safety of the flight, which is ironic, considering it tries to warn me.

It's worse... as that pop up message covers almost the entire viewing screen. It's been this way for about a year now. It started with the Mavic Pro.

It almost makes me want to just hit full throttle right down into the earth!!

No pop-ups like that with Litchi, which was enough reason for me to use Litchi. It is unfortunate that DJIGo imposes impractical restrictions above and beyond what the FAA requires, which pushes people to find away around the problem, and as a result, fly with an app like Lithi, which doesn’t have the ability to show areas that require permission for flight (which leads to less-safe skies).

Now we have some peeps having issues with the Litch, couple of threads on here now with it acting crazy. I know nothing about it, so I can't say anything, just wondering.

The Autel EVO will have no such restrictions.

Attachments

• Evo no noflyzones.jpg
    Evo no noflyzones.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 52

10 seconds later

2 seconds later

1 minute later

Warning, you are in a geofencing zone. PLEASE confirm to accept responsibility.
☒ I accept full responsibility, and want to blow my brains out.

Holy Moly. Thank goodness this doesn't occur everywhere, but when it does, DJI Go makes absolutely certain to bother the living daylight out of you with these constant pop up messages notifying you that you are within a Geo fencing zone or no-fly zone. With all of the safety measures around, I am stunned that some genius at DJI thought it was a good idea to put a massive pop up during flight that covers the entire view and cannot be hidden with one click. No, you have to manually check the box and press a tiny accept button underneath.
Pair this with a WIFI region notification that pops up as well every now and then, and you have yourself a feast of struggles.
This happened to me in a rural village somewhere within a mountain pass. Not an airport in sight for miles and no actual no-fly zones are present. This has ruined quite a few shots that I tried to make where I wanted a fluent cinematic camera movement. In the end, I had to take the shot purely using LOS because the app kept prompting me about these Geo zones. The last thing I want to be concerned with while flying is annoyances like these.

Is there any way this obtrusive message can be omitted? I am aware that you can supposedly turn off Geo warnings when clicking on the map and then going to the settings within map view. However, this has no effect as I have already turned off all warnings. I always do research on no-flyzones beforehand.

If not, does anyone know if Litchi also has these warnings? I might consider using that if it promises a distraction free flight.

Also, has anyone else encountered this? Luckily I haven't had this anywhere else, but I think this is quite a significant issue if this is present in many other areas. I'm hoping that I simply happened to be on the border of a Geo zone, causing a constant re-trigger of the warning.

I'm still very satisfied with the Air, but errors like these really impair the safety of the flight, which is ironic, considering it tries to warn me.
I wonder if you are flying on the very edge of one of those zones and are flying in and out along the edge. That would explain why it keeps coming up at random times.

So when you hear of reports of drone sighted near airports, it MUST be an Autel EVO ;).
As for the message, could you be near the edge of the geofencing zone, that clears when you exit and retrigger on re-entry?

So when you hear of reports of drone sighted near airports, it MUST be an Autel EVO ;).
As for the message, could you be near the edge of the geofencing zone, that clears when you exit and retrigger on re-entry?

In my case I was about 4 miles away from the airport and hovering.I guess it is possible that the app had my position incorrect and thought I was near the edge.

It's worse... as that pop up message covers almost the entire viewing screen. It's been this way for about a year now. It started with the Mavic Pro.
I agree. Took me a while to figure out how to accept and hide it. Terrible UI design.

I'm very glad to hear that Litchi doesn't do this. Definitely worth considering getting that app and use it when Go is at a frenzy again. I've searched a bit on the forum but couldn't find any reported mayor issues with Litchi.
Small sidequestion, when using Litchi, does DJI Go access the same flightlogs? Say, if I've flown 1km using Litchi, does Go take notice of that and update the stats in my DJI profile the next time I open it, or does it only track flights flown with Go? I like to keep track of that data.

I agree. Took me a while to figure out how to accept and hide it. Terrible UI design.
Likewise, the text color and tiny checkbox are near to invisible on a bright sunny day. It almost feels like DJI made it as annoying as possible on purpose as it is only one step removed from having the window move away from your finger as you try to check the box.

Maybe if I ask nicely, they'll make the controller compatible with the Air. :p The "Mavic EVO" or "Autel Air"

I wonder if you are flying on the very edge of one of those zones and are flying in and out along the edge. That would explain why it keeps coming up at random times.
I guess that must be the case. I've taken off within the limits of a no-fly zone a couple times, and only received that warning once right after takeoff.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat